• I have bad experience with CPU Overclocking. OC causing Compositor frame drops on my system. With OC off i have smooth and clean run of simulator, with no one Compositor drop. (VR)

Oculus Rift, i7 3.5GHZ, 16GB Ram, GTX 1070-8GB, SSD, Win 10, Saitek Controllers.

• I have to add I haven't flown in Aerofly FS2 without my OC. Problem here is though that I also use P3D and I know for a fact that P3D without my OC runs a lot (and I mean a LOT) worse. And since I haven't had any problems so far with AFS2 I will happily keep on using my OC and RFS 2.0. ;)

• Well, I sure as shootin' am not going to change my vendor provided CPU overclock on my 8700k from 5.0 back to the stock 3.7 when FS2 doesn't push the cores past 62 degrees. As for the GPU, the teaks are done both in factory and through a manufacturer provided app, so I suspect they shouldn't cause a problem. Again, temps are well within recommended specs.

And yes there is a very noticeable difference between setting the super sampling on the Oculus between 1.5 and 2.0. Try if for yourself in the Q400 or A320 cockpits. Now I don't see a lot of difference between 1.8 and 2.0, but at 1.5 the difference is obvious. I'm surprised Oculus would say that there isn't any.

• Just for testing here guys; you can have anything on your machines set to whatever you want. I'm just stating facts here that we learned from testing many, many different configurations. And for us to get involved to try to sort out any issues it needs to be done in a certain way.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff, an apology!

I just turned off the overclocking app on my video card, and I flew around in Chicago with complete smoothness and NO ANOMALIES.

Soooo Jeff, you were correct in suggesting turning off overclocking in the video card, at least in my case.

• I just turned off the overclocking app on my video card, and I flew around in Chicago with complete smoothness and NO ANOMALIES.

Soooo Jeff, you were correct in suggesting turning off overclocking in the video card, at least in my case.

Well, I am happy to say I never OC my GPU! Hence my great performance without any problems! ;) I never OC my GPU because in all my testing it hardly made a difference. What can't be said of the CPU OC...!

Wondering what anomalies you were seeing though...?

• There was a lot of discussion about dancing textures inside the outlines of some of the skyscrapers in the Chicago scenery. It probably had to so with changes made to Space Warp on the Oculus.

We believe so as well but still can't prove it fully.

However, changing from RSF 2.00 to 1.50 virtually eliminates it.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff