Any way to turn off the VR split screen in favor of single view?

• Loving the VR with aerofly fs2.. but i noticed that now (maybe not in an older version), it defaults to split screen view when doing VR on the 2D display..

I'd like to be able to record flights using shadowplay.. so unless there is some other hack to do shadowplay without the split screen, the only way i guess to VR + record as of now would be a way to turn that off?

Is there a way, just curious..

Thanks in advance

Maximus Hero Z370 | SL Delid 8700k 5.1 1.39| 32GB Gskill 16x2 @1.40 at 3200 | TT 3.0 Riing | Thermaltake v51 | Evga 1080FTW Hybrid Water(43c p3d) | Rift | Leap | CH Yoke/Pedals | P3D v4.1 Aerofly FS2 XP11 |
    Flight-Stew | Tech-Stew

• Is there a way to turn off the 2d display to the monitor completely? So that all available processing is utilized in the headset and not wasted on the monitor.

No, this is not an option.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Loving the VR with aerofly fs2.. but i noticed that now (maybe not in an older version), it defaults to split screen view when doing VR on the 2D display..

I'd like to be able to record flights using shadowplay.. so unless there is some other hack to do shadowplay without the split screen, the only way i guess to VR + record as of now would be a way to turn that off?

Is there a way, just curious..

Thanks in advance

I realize this post is really old now, but in addition to the config option mentioned above, if you're using a Rift you can also launch the file "C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusMirror.exe" to get a full screen, single-window VR view that doesn't seem to have a noticeable performance impact.

• Is there a way to turn off the 2d display to the monitor completely? So that all available processing is utilized in the headset and not wasted on the monitor.

From my understanding it does not cost any performance to just mirror the same image onto the 2D screen as well. It costs performance to render the 2d view in full screen, no split, though because then the entire scene needs to be rendered again. But just cloning the frame buffer and send it to the vr headset and monitor shouldn't make a difference compared to just sending it to the vr heatset.