• Dear IPACS team,

A tweak was provided in a former thread to display the pilot in virtual cockpit view.

It's a great plus IMO.
    I'm using a Track IR and it really adds to immersion.
    Aeroflyers using VR seem to appreciate it also.

Unfortunately the point of view is inside the 3D pilot's head, which is correct but spoils somewhat the vision with teeth, parts of helmets, etc. in the FOV.

The settings allows to define keys for view point X/Y/Z offsets, but they are inactive when using a Track IR.

Could it be possible to have the 3D pilot without head for that display ? I think it would improve the experience for both Track IR and VR users.

Additionally, it would be great if one could move the default centered point of view with keys, in order to adjust it to our taste.

Thank you in advance and best regards.
    Keep up the good work

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• As far as pilot eyepoint movement, you can assign keyboard/buttons to move forward/aft, left/right, up and down. Settings->Controls->View->Move (at the bottom of the scrollable list). Personally, I use the Point of View HAT on my Thrustmaster Hotas 4 Joystick/Throttle system because I feel that each aircraft needs a different setting. I want to be as close to the instrument panel as possible so I can read the instruments (old steam gauges are easier than electronic displays) but I still want to see well. I also like to sit back in my physical chair sometimes and then I need to move the eyepoint.

• As far as pilot eyepoint movement, you can assign keyboard/buttons to move forward/aft, left/right, up and down. Settings->Controls->View->Move (at the bottom of the scrollable list). Personally, I use the Point of View HAT on my Thrustmaster Hotas 4 Joystick/Throttle system because I feel that each aircraft needs a different setting. I want to be as close to the instrument panel as possible so I can read the instruments (old steam gauges are easier than electronic displays) but I still want to see well. I also like to sit back in my physical chair sometimes and then I need to move the eyepoint.

The Track IR already does it. But what I would need is the possibility to move the recentering position.
    The existing keys are inoperative when you use a Track IR and I expect it not to work either in VR.

The only workaround I found so far is to offset my head in the opposite direction, pressed my Track IR recenter key, then recentering my head... but this must be done each time I need to recentering the Track IR...

The next workaround would be to fiddle with values in the config files, but it would then be hard coded...

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• I haven't figured this one out yet, how do you make the pilot visible in VR?

Hi John,
    It's here : http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthre…A4nde-und-Beine

It's mainly in German, if you have troubles understanding don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
    Antoine

• Ah, thanks Antoine, that would explain why I missed it. I'll have a tinker around if I can drag myself out of the rift for long enough :D

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• The 2nd page of the thread has english hints for avoiding your mods to be overwritten when AFS2 gets updated, I'd advise to follow Jan's (Jet Pack) recommendations.

For the modification itself, it is a very simple parameter change in the tmd file of the aircraft, Jet Pack provides the exact code change for the ASW glider, it's the same for other aircraft. I did it for the Corsair and for the Cessna (Wow, I now have breasts when looking down...)

Cheers
    Antoine