view controls & switch

• Jan, i would appreciate if you could bring it up to ipacs dev team,
    a home made code is certainly what everyone would consider to be the "ipacs-way", i agree.

Some considerations however:

- Time factor (snoaarrrr...)
    - Results (ezdok is very editable, the user designs how he wants it)
    - affs' closed architecture (argueing with devs scares me to death, asking for bits and bytes)

if you are asking what i miss most: affs doesn't "feel" like flying.

Other sims had the same problem, why 9 out of 10 users run ezdok,
    it combines all effects relevant to "feel" flight.

Examples (3 of 2000):

1. rolling the F/A-18 ("Fass-Rolle"), fuselage settles back into level position miliseconds before pilot body does.
    that demonstrates the weight and power of the rigid body against the much weaker pilot body.

2. Negative g's. Pushing an airplane down gets your view lifted.

3. feeling the air mass. (passenger looks out of the window and sees the dynamics of the wing.
    the energy impact of the airflow causes wing and fuselage to behave a-synced).

why ezdok succeeded:

They did what before had been forgotten about or been implemented fractually and unsuccesfully by the devs in their own code.
    They also made views (including transitions) better organized, but the consumer always was master of how the result should be.
    affs is pretty much locked. The list of ezdok's features is considerably long, i have doubts on whether .tmd-tweaks may achieve that.

If you havn't used it yourself,
    i am sure there is rather simple demonstrations on youtube that include
    ezdok views.

• I've seen videos using ezdok and saw tutorials about it, but thanks :)
    So to sum up what one would expect from an "ezdok" for the Aerofly FS 2 I guess would be:

1) additional camera-control:
    - displacement of the pilot camera for high-g maneuvers (we have that, can be increased maybe). Negative g's should actually pull you up quite a bit and hold you in your seat belts, accelerations should press you into the seat more...
    - smoother camera tilting and movement: when using buttons it should softly translate or rotate the camera
    - fixed camera angles like instrument views, overhead, etc. and smooth transitions from one camera to the next (as if your head moved to a preset position)
    - free external cameras to explore the world outside the aircraft, external wing-man camera, walk-around camera?

2) more physical effects
    - shaking aircraft in turbulence
    - engine vibrations, stall buffeting and stuff like that.
    - even more advanced wing bending: have second or higher degrees of oscillations (not only one single smooth bending), see wing tip bend upwards during approach due to turbulent weather
    - maybe other structual physics as well? engines wobbling a bit, flaps and spoilers vibrating and shaking due to loads...

So yeah, I'd agree, it would be a great addition and make the entire feel quite a bit different as well.

Cheers,
    Jan