Can the Moving Map be Undocked and moved to a 2nd Monitor?

• I have no 3 monitors, how to manage it on a 2 monitor setup? Why not make it simpler like undocking possibility in FSX and P3D?

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• 2 monitors here too, I have my main ultrawide for the game with an old 19" LCD at the side. It's a great combination, you can have a browser or task manager running alongside and visible. Works really well for those 6% FSX moments when you aren't sure whether the game has frozen when it's still loading after ten minutes, but you see the activity in tskmgr, so you don't lose faith. Sorry, I digress.

Yes, a pop up window for the map would be great, have it floating on another screen. That would be a very desirable feature if it wasn't too hard to code.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• 2 monitors here too, I have my main ultrawide for the game with an old 19" LCD at the side. It's a great combination, you can have a browser or task manager running alongside and visible. Works really well for those 6% FSX moments when you aren't sure whether the game has frozen when it's still loading after ten minutes, but you see the activity in tskmgr, so you don't lose faith. Sorry, I digress.

Yes, a pop up window for the map would be great, have it floating on another screen. That would be a very desirable feature if it wasn't too hard to code.

That is exactly what I would like to see.

Ray

• I have a related suggestion: I run a lot of stuff networked over a laptop in Prepar3d and XP. Would it be possible to develop a networked solution for the map (which would require a Simconnect-like solution). Of course this would pave the way for a number of related applications. If I recall right, some kind of network support is already in the SDK, thus you (or someone else) would only have to add the map as a client application.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I have a related suggestion: I run a lot of stuff networked over a laptop in Prepar3d and XP. Would it be possible to develop a networked solution for the map (which would require a Simconnect-like solution). Of course this would pave the way for a number of related applications. If I recall right, some kind of network support is already in the SDK, thus you (or someone else) would only have to add the map as a client application.

Kind regards, Michael

Sounds like this needs to be moved over to the Developers forum so IPACS can follow it.

Regards,

Ray