I can not fly on new york

• I repeat the title of this communication: I can not fly over New York.

When I move to this region, a map is clearly defined (the region currently represented in this game), but when I activate the icon that represents the airports on the map of this region, it does not activate them Represents them on the map).

If this problem is not due to some interruption of the designers of the game; Can anyone help me solve this problem?

Everything else in the game, work correctly

• If I understand this question correctly, you purchased and fully downloaded the Northeast USA region, and when you move the map over to the New York area you can see the airports on the map but when you click on one of them to select your take off location nothing happens?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Not exactly, I recognize that I was not very precise in my description. I add this:
    I have this game for 15 days. At first everything worked properly, (including New York), but yesterday I discovered that it was not so. When I move to that place, and clicking on the other icons, they work and write the names of the airports, but these represented by rectangles, do not appear. Neither the buildings, the streets, absolutely nothing of the structure of the city appears.

• The VOR and Navaids can be toggled on the map by clicking on the bottom left buttons (below the map)

You can see the airports in the region correct?

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• OK, please make sure that the DLC for Northeastern USA has a check mark in the box and it says "installed" on your Steam FS 2 page. This sounds like it got uninstalled or your install got corrupt.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes, is installed; I was playing with it until 2 days. I have checked it in steam, and the communication is: "installed dlcs (2 of 2)".
    Corrupt ?. it could be, but I do not think so. tomorrow I will also be informed of Aerofly support ".
    Attached I send 2 images flying over New York in case they will help you to discover this problem.

Regards.

• The only thing that I could recommend at this point would be to re-install it. It's difficult to figure out what the problem is. If it was working fine a couple of days ago and now it's not would indicate that either your FS2 folder got corrupt, or something on your system (antuvirus?) may be blocking that folder. Go in and check the security of your FS 2 folders and make sure it didn't somehow get blocked (Windows update maybe).

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks Dave, drhotwing1, and all of you who are helping me. I liked your sequence to look for what could have been lost or corrupted, that is, this sequence:

Steam-> Settings-> Downloads-> Steam Library Folders and ADD Library Folder to get it back

But, the Steam that I have installed, (very recently, and therefore I know little) is in Spanish and I can not find your exact sequence. That is: click Steam -> Sttings, (Ajustes in Spanish) and they do not exist, neither Settings nor Ajustes).
    The sequence that I find would be: Steam -> Library -> Games -> detailed view --Search for more DLC in the store. The ones I show in images 1 and 2 appear.

Dave, could you elaborate, extend that search a little more on Steam ?. Do you do it in normal mode, or the Big picture mode?
    I think there has been a configuration error or set up, because the white icon that writes the names of the airports and traces the runways does not work.
    For all your help, thank you very much. Special thanks to you, drhotwing1, for your efforts in analyzing the situation. No, it's not the windows, these are updated.
    Delfin.

• Absolutely brilliant your description, "whitav8". The problem with which I found, was in the translation of the concepts of Steam, to the Spanish. Thanks to your description, I already found the route ..

And continuing with the problem, suggest me, recommend me, add new folder and reinstall the game in that folder?

• delfinpm,
    Sorry that you are having so many problems with New York. First off, do you actually still have "Northeastern USA" on your disk? Look in your equivalent of X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\places\usa to see if you have a folder called "ny" in addition to az,ca, and nv for Arizona, California, Nevada and ny for New York. In X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\elevation you should have some files dated around Christmas and one of them is maph_10_4ec0_a300.tth and in X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\scenery\images\usa you should also have a lot of Christmas files and one of them is named map_14_4b8c_9ff0.ttc ----If you have these files you already have the NorthEastern USA file set. If these files are located exactly where the Californiadari files are, I have no idea why you don't see them. If they are located elsewhere and you have Added Folder to that same folder area, then I also have no idea why you don't see them.You may want to Uninstall the NorthEastern Area and then reinstall.
    I think we need an IPACS Support person to take a look at your problem.

Dave

• Since we are not able to solve this problem, I have resorted to support-de@aerofly.com>

Exposing this problem. Now I finish receiving this answer:

Dear Sir,

the screenshot looks like a incomplete installation. Flying over NewYork you should see the Skyline.

- Please check the installation via the Steam client (Library / Games /AeroflyFS2 and DLC) There must be the status "installed"

- Please check the free memory space. The Aerofly FS2 needs 110 GB with DLCs Switzerland and NewYork

- Please also check the folder

C://Program(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/AeroflyFS2/scenery/images
    on you hard disk drive. Do you see a 14 GB large folder "switzerland"?
    ----------------------------------

I will answer (in red), to each of your suggestions, interspersing my answer to your suggestions and comments.

Dear Sir,

the screenshot looks like a incomplete installation. Flying over NewYork you should see the Skyline.

- Please check the installation via the Steam client (Library / Games /AeroflyFS2 and DLC) There must be the status "installed"

Well, you can see the image # 1 (shows that they are installed correctly)

- Please check the free memory space. The Aerofly FS2 needs 110 GB with DLCs Switzerland and NewYork

Well, you can see the image # 1 (shows that they are installed correctly)

I have not downloaded Switzerland, and currently the game occupies 98,37 GB. in hard disk.
    I have free on hard disk = 178 GB.

- Please also check the folder

Replying to this question, you can see the image # 2 again

C://Program(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/AeroflyFS2/scenery/images
    on you hard disk drive. Do you see a 14 GB large folder "switzerland"?

I have checked this route and apparently everything is fine
    I repeat: I have not downloaded Switzerland

I have not found anything unusual, except that by clicking on the round white icon in the lower left of the screen, in the "LOCATION" option, that icon, neither write the name of the airport, nor draw the small rectangle that represents the Corresponding runways. The other three icons work correctly.

Well, let's see if tomorrow they will answer me with something better.
    P.D. The images referred here, are the last two in this forum.

I am very grateful "whitav8" for your continued effort in solving this problem.
    Delfin