I would like to have the Lights - Nav - Beacon - Strobe - Landing - OFF at startup

• Hello IPACS,

I see that practically all the aircraft startup with the light on. This is a bit distracting when flying from behind the aircraft using the Flight Information Strip. That bright white light is very bright on the tail.

Which file should I search to find the aircraft light state, and what is the state that I need to change for OFF?

Regards,

Ray

• Hi Ray,

you can go to the _clean.tmd file and set the lights there to off. Should have some setting in there already, if not steal it from the _takeoff.tmd or _landing.tmd file. Nav lights set up so that they are always on per default. Same for panel lights... In case a user decides to fly at night the cockpit is lit and the exterior also has lamps showing.

Cheers,
    Jan

• Hi Ray,

you can go to the _clean.tmd file and set the lights there to off. Should have some setting in there already, if not steal it from the _takeoff.tmd or _landing.tmd file. Nav lights set up so that they are always on per default. Same for panel lights... In case a user decides to fly at night the cockpit is lit and the exterior also has lamps showing.

Cheers,
    Jan

Thanks Jan,

Exactly what I needed.

Regards,

Ray

• Hi guys. I'm new to the forum. The above information is great as I too found it frustrating to have to turn the lights off every start up and when changing location etc.
    I have been flying the King Air a bit and the prop rpm is limited to 1900 vs I believe 2200 in the real aircraft. I assume this might have been originally implemented for the mobile version as 1900 rpm would be more standard for a cruise setting. I have looked through the tmd files and have not come across anything and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Geoff

• Hi Geoff,

EDIT:
    The King-Air C90GTX that we have in the simulator does have a 1900RPM limit. So there is no need to change it, really.
    /EDIT

But if you wanted to edit it, there should be a RotationSpeedMapping or something like that in the c90gtx.tmd file. Search for the "governor" objects and then search for their inputs. The units are in rad/s... Multiply the rotation speed in RPM by 0.10471975512 and you will get the rotation speed in the sim. 2200 RPM would be 230.38, 1900 RPM would be 198.97. (you could also search for these numbers probably)

Regards,
    Jan

• Nice info. It would be absolutely great though if in the future we get an option to start any plane with a cold and dark cockpit. ;) When I left FSX and went to P3D I thought my tweaking and editing files days were over. I'd rather not start that all over again with AFS2.

• Thanks Jan,

Exactly what I needed.

Regards,

Ray

Easy Peasy,

I changed the 1 to a 0, saved the file and bingo - no lights. Great. I now have a stealthy Lear45. :cool:

Thanks Jan.

Regards,
    Ray

• Yes, once all engines can be shut down we might look into that as well. I'd consider it a necessity and it would fit into the Aerofly FS 2 very well. You can already instantly load takeoff and landing states so a cold and dark or turn around state will round that all up.

Good to hear! ;)