Any Instructions orTutorial for Repainting an Aircraft

• I have the new updated SDK and would like to change colors, change Registration numbers, etc., Any pointers? I checked the wiki site, no joy. Looking for a 1. 2. 3. kinda help. and especially how to get the new repaint image to show in the selection hangar.

Best Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• Hi,

this is quick and dirty tutorial:

Go to this directory and install the converter by running the EXE:
    ...\aerofly_fs_2_sdk\aerofly_fs_2_aircraft_converter\
    aerofly_fs_2_aircraft_converter_x64_installer_2017-02-09.exe

Use windows explorer to open this directory:
    ...\aerofly_fs_2_sdk\aircraft_workshop\c172\_textures

Make backup copy of the files.
    Open fuselage00_color.psd and fuselage01_color.psd with Photoshop and repaint them.
    Save the 2 files as .BMP

I did not test it, but I suppose you can also repaint the .BMP files in the folder
    ...\aerofly_fs_2_sdk\aircraft_workshop\c172\blank

Create a new folder for your work, e.g.
    ...\aerofly_fs_2_sdk\repaints

Copy into this folder from different directories:
    fuselage00_color.bmp
    fuselage01_color.bmp
    repaint.tmr
    content_converter_config.tmc

Edit content_converter_config.tmc
    Change <[string8][base_output_folder][]>
    to <[string8][base_output_folder][...\aerofly_fs_2_sdk\repaints]>

The ... have to be replaced by your installation path!

Rightclick to content_converter_config.tmc and select RUN WITH AEROFLY FS2 CONTENT CONVERTER.
    The tm.log tells you 2 textures copied and creates 2 files .TTX.

Now go to your aerofly installation and open the C172 folder.
    ...\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\aircraft\c172

Create a new subfolder \Repaint1
    Copy all files from an existing subfolder into your new subfolder, then overwrite with your newly created files:
    fuselage00_color.ttx
    fuselage01_color.ttx

Edit repaint.tmr
    <[string8][name][Blue Wave]>
    <[string8][description][Blue Wave]>

with the new subfolder name
    <[string8][name][Repaint1]>
    <[string8][description][Repaint1]>

Ok, now you can select your new repaint in aerofly FS2.
    Hope this is clear for you. I have to go on with testing, because my repaint does not match the aircraft layout.

Regards
    Karl-Heinz (Rodeo)

• Thanks Karl-Heinz for the instructions.

Question: How do I get the Aircraft Selection to show my new repaint as one of the images? I can read the name of my new repaint and select it and fly it, but the PREVIEW file has not been updated with my new repaint image.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• aerofly uses the preview.ttx for the preview display.
    This is the description of the older versions:
    https://wiki.aerofly-sim.de/bin/view/Main/PreviewImage

But without the 3D model we cannot create it from the graphics software.
    Take a snapshot from aerofly, cut the plane and create a black background, save a .bmp.
    Place it into the converter directory and run the converter.
    However I don't know the size of the image, we have to play with that.

Karl-Heinz (Rodeo)

• Thanks. I am just going to wait and see what IPACS comes up with for this step.

Ray

• These curvy stripes looping over the fuselage a tons of fun. Found the winglets, but haven't found the top of the vertical stabilizer. Anyone know where this skinny piece is located? Found each side for the top of the tail but, haven't found the top section.

Regards,

Rayaerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/4709/

I toned it down a bit with gray numbers.

• The preview image should be automatically generated for a new repaint its not required to generate it yourself! Just ensure you have installed the latest Aircraft Converter. If that all doesn't work, Aerofly FS 2 might not find the installation files. A log file would be helpful in this case.

• The preview image should be automatically generated for a new repaint its not required to generate it yourself! Just ensure you have installed the latest Aircraft Converter. If that all doesn't work, Aerofly FS 2 might not find the installation files. A log file would be helpful in this case.

I have the latest Aircraft Converter but no new image generated. Do we use the model.tmc in the repaint process?

Regards,
    Ray

• Ok I'm really stuck here. Can anyone help please?
    I followed Rodeos technique but then there is this:

Copy into this folder from different directories:
    fuselage00_color.bmp
    fuselage01_color.bmp
    repaint.tmr
    content_converter_config.tmc

I'm trying to repaint the cessna. Have the two bmp files ready, then I copied "repaint.tmr" file from "aircraft workshop/c172/blank" (hope that's the right one, however I can not find "content_converter_config.tmc".

Anybody have an idea where it is?

• Use your windows explorer feature to search for the location. Most likely something like ..users\YourName\Desktop\aerofly_fs_2_sdk but depends on how you handled the installer. Search for aircraft_workshop, the file name is convert.tmc

You right click on this convert.tmc file when you are ready to convert your changed bmp files. A small window popups up and takes about a half minute to crunch the numbers and ends up with two small ttx files that goes into the new folder name for your repaint. You also need a few more files so look at one of the existing repaints and copy those files over, i.e. preview.ttx

You need to edit the repaint.tmr file with notepad ++ or similar program. both object lines must match your folder name for your new repaint. Be sure to save the file after you update it.

Regards,

Ray

• Thanks Ray

This is really confusing because my "convert.tmc" and "repaint.tmr" looks nothing like Rodeo's description.
    Here's what I got:

Repaint.tmr

<[file][][]
    <[object][][]
    <[string8][name][Blank]>
    <[string8][description][Blank]>
    >
    >

Convert.tmc

<[file][][]
    <[object][][]
    <[list_string8][AircraftDesktop][ dr400 ]>
    >
    >

I think these files are not complete or are they?

Regards Jay

• The top one - repaint.tmr - is correct. Just change Blank in both line to the name of your repaint. i.e. Jays Bird and then save.

I don't modify the convert.tmc file, I just place a copy in the folder that I am working and right click on it when I am ready to convert the files.

Ray

• I'm doing something wrong.. The pop up window shows for half a second and nothing changes.
    Man this is soooo frustrating, I've spend three hours repainting the textures and I just can't get them in, grrrrrr

Are you using bmps or PSD files?

Ray