Any Instructions orTutorial for Repainting an Aircraft

• I got in my working folder : E:\aeroflyfs_sdk\aircraft_workshop\c172\swiss

The following files:
    convert.tmc
    repaint.tmr
    model.tmc
    preview_c172.tif (which is the default american c172)
    fuselage00_color.bmp (2048X2048)
    fuselage01_color.bmp (2048X2048)

Sure I've edited all the strings in model.tmc, repaint.tmr and convert.tmc with the "swiss" instead of "blank", with my target folder (Inside aerofly fs2 main folder located here :C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\aircraft\c172

What am I doing wrong ?

Thx for your help

• Ok guys,

I can convert the repaints, but do not get a preview.
    If you are interested in my settings, try my attachment.

I created a convert.bat, which I run with a doubleclick on it.
    Before you can use it, modify the content of all files with a text editor.
    Hope you succeed with bmp conversion.

Regards
    Karl-Heinz (Rodeo)

Updated: 2017-02-14
    I deleted my attachment, since it is obsolete. A new solution converting all files and automatically creating a preview will be published soon.

• SAme---tried many times for the Dr400 and the C172 since saturday morning... was unable :-(.... After more than 10 years repainting aircrafts for fsx, it is soooo frustrating...

HerveF,

this sounds very promising. As soon as we have overcome the launching problems, we can probably expect top repaints?

• I did a little copy and paste, changed the wings from dark to white, made all new stripes on the aft fuselage & vertical stabilizer and rudder and tabs, removed the D registration and did all that so I could have blank engine nacelles and small N number on the tail.

It is like having a new plane with your own N number. Thanks IPACS.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• Thanks Rodeo,

Can you tell me how to use the Aircraft Converter? I get a blue box, with a green Convert button in the left bottom but no files are selected and no action is set to run. I would like to convert some of the existing stock repaints.

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• Hi,

please be patient for only a few days. Another path variable has to be added to the SDK converter.
    The result is an easy working converter including perfect previews.
    All my previous ways are obsolete now.

OK. Thanks

Ray