• I'm thinking of getting RC 7, but I'm curious about what controller I can use. I have RealFlight basic, which comes with a USB RC controller, which reads as GP controller in windows. So I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this or had made a similar step and whether this controller might be ok. It looks very similar to the Icarus controller in the other thread.

I don't think this controller works with the other versions of RealFlight, which is a bit disappointing as you'd think there would be an upgrade path to encourage you to stay with their system.

I've been really enjoying the Aerofly FS2 flight sim, so I thought I might jump ship and go with the RC version too. Any advice appreciated, cheers.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• hello, i use dongle USB Reaflight with cable stereo on Aerofly RC7

• Don't know if this helps but i have used the Elite Interlink from Realflight 7.5, the basic 4 channels work fine, the switches you have to do a work around but the trim buttons for the 4 channels do not work unless someone know's different, only had this sim 2 weeks now so not sure if it's been fixed. So i resorted to the Icarus USB controller and it works brilliant, was around £60 to the uk. Hope this helps you out my friend
    dave

• Thanks for the advice guys, I guess the best way is just to give it a go. I'll let you know how I get on. Might be a while though, there's a pile of stuff in my steam list to get through. You know how it is - so many games so little time :rolleyes:

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• Just an update on this in case anyone else has the same issue. I bought RC7 pro from Steam, and did a bit of research beforehand, which led me to believe my RF basic controller might work. In windows it shows up as a USB HID GP controller and I can calibrate all the axes, buttons etc.

Once installed, RC7 picked up all my input devices (joystick, steering wheel etc) but the calibrate option was greyed out just on the GP controller and my Xbox one controller, so they were both impossible to hook up in the sim.

So, bottom line, the RF basic GP controller doesn't work in RC7.

• I shall have a look for it, but I might not be able to, I had to get a Steam refund as I was unable to play with the setup I have, and it was quite a lot of money to have just sitting on the hard drive. I'll have a look, thanks for coming back to me anyway.