SDK (02/14 - 1.0.7 Build 1084) Error when Converting DR400

• When I run the Feb 14 Aircraft Converter on dr400, I get a Error message at the stage of Task=Rendering Previews, Item=preview,Action=loading aircraft: Error: cannot load aircraft - set Aerofly FS2 folder in config.tmc

I assume that it means the config.tmc in my Documents area which has worked fine in previous SDK versions. I have an entry as follows
    <[string8][DesktopFolder][C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents/Aerofly FS 2/]>

so I don't know what to do

• k4stn,
    That did it - thanks very much. I was trying to verify that the DR400 could be started on the ground - but it wouldn't - then someone recommended it to be rebuilt - then ERROR. I think your fix has been overlooked somewhere?? Hope it is in the next release

Dave

• k4stn,
    That did it - thanks very much. I was trying to verify that the DR400 could be started on the ground - but it wouldn't - then someone recommended it to be rebuilt - then ERROR. I think your fix has been overlooked somewhere?? Hope it is in the next release

Dave

How do you know what version of the SDK you have?

Many thanks,

Bill
    LHC

• Bill, LHC
    There isn't any version number on the actual files so I just save the SDK zip to a name with the date on it. But if you run the Aircraft Converter (don't need to actually do any converting), you can see the version number in the upper right hand corner - in this case 02/14 - 1.0.7 Build 1084.

Dave

• Just curious... I looked in the aircraft folder for the dr400 folder in Aerofly, and its not there... When the exporter creates a new plane, does it go to a different location then the aircraft folder?

• Just curious... I looked in the aircraft folder for the dr400 folder in Aerofly, and its not there... When the exporter creates a new plane, does it go to a different location then the aircraft folder?

It goes into your documents/Aerofly FS 2/Aircraft folder. That's also where any custom liveries go as well, if you add them.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• had the same problem with the 9. feb sdk, add <[string8][UserFolder][C:/Users/USERNAME/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/]> and it should work again

Would anybody be kind enough to provide me with the proper config.tmc syntax?

I just reinstalled the latest SDK and cannot get it to work anymore...

Thanks in advance

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• The converter keeps giving a red error message in the end of the process.
    In the same folder there is a tm log files saying my folder definition is wrong and 0 files were copied.

EDIT : removed wrong statement.

Thanks for your support.
    Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

Edited once, last by Trespassers (March 27, 2017 at 9:22 PM).

• Despite, not depute (bloody android corrector, and bloody android navigator where the post edit function doesn't work...)

Cheers
    Antoine

• When I downloaded the latest SDK and ran the converter it failed, then I reinstalled it and accepted the default install location (or by chance installed it where expected - can't remember now) and everything was fine. It does seem that a whole range of problems crop up if the SDK isn't installed where IPACS expect it to be. Perhaps a big notice at the start of the info PDF encouraging default location install, and for those who can't use that location a thread would be useful to document the necessary config tweaks.

• Thanks for the tip, Spit40, I'll try it out. The first SDK was working nice in a non-default folder, but it could be the case this build doesn't...

• Yep... This happened with me. I have to put things in alternate drives as my C: drive is full. This wreaked havoc on the airport converter as it has a tag in the BAT that refers to the default location. Changing that to the proper location fixes it and it exports fine.

I remember FSX (FSX, not P3D) had a program that would 'setup' the SDK installation. You installed the SDK, then you clicked on this 'final setup' or something to that effect. It would synchronize all the various systems so they were talking to each other.

But being able to just make adjustments should be fine, I would think. People just need to know about that factor.

• Thanks Bill. To prevent my C from quickly growing full I systematically avoid default location installation. I'll search for that batch file to get corrected...

Cheers
    Antoine

• EDIT : after running both converters uninstall.exe and relaunching the install process without altering default settings, both converters were installed to C:\Program Files

But it still doesn't work, the converter crashes in the end, asking me to define the Aircraft folder in the CONFIG.TMC file.

Can anyboy please provide me with the proper CONFIG.TMC structure and where to place it?

Or is there a more recent SDK than 1.0.7 Build 1084 available somewhere?

Thanks to whoever can help me...

Cheers
    Antoine

• Make sure you have a 'convert.tmc' file in your 'aircraft workshop' folder.

On that file, you enter the name of the plane you will be compiling. In this case, the robin.

On my file, I have;

<[file][][]
    <[object][][]
    <[list_string8][AircraftDesktop][ dr400 ]>
    >
    >

In the TMC, the space where DR400 is above, should be empty. Put that in and save and the plane will then compile.