SDK (02/14 - 1.0.7 Build 1084) Error when Converting DR400

• Thanks Bill. To prevent my C from quickly growing full I systematically avoid default location installation. I'll search for that batch file to get corrected...

Cheers
    Antoine

No worries on the BAT in your case, as you are doing a plane. The BAT's are used when converting scenery.

• Make sure you have a 'convert.tmc' file in your 'aircraft workshop' folder.

On that file, you enter the name of the plane you will be compiling. In this case, the robin.

On my file, I have;

<[file][][]
    <[object][][]
    <[list_string8][AircraftDesktop][ dr400 ]>
    >
    >

In the TMC, the space where DR400 is above, should be empty. Put that in and save and the plane will then compile.

Thank you Bill for your much appreciated help. Unfortunately enough, I already had this very syntax in my TMC file, but the converter still fails.

Well, I'll try uninstalling again and reinstall from scratch... there's something odd.

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Antoine,

Try putting it back in that directory you originally had it so your C: drive isnt full.

Then restart getting the system running again.

If its not working, and it should, maybe try redownloading the SDK, just to make sure it isnt a bad download. That happens often.

• Thank you Bill, these are things I tried out. While the SDK was initially downloaded from the Steam link, I tried downloading that time from the forum link, but both lead (fortunately enough) to the same place and I got exactly the same SDK with the same issue.
    I tried uninstalling and deleting the folder, then reinstalling from scratch, keeping default locations, to no avail.

I eventually tried reinstalling the older, December SDK build (1004) and the DR400 compilation went straight through, although with the poor texture rendering some people complained about at that time (I didn't face this issue at that time).

I tried installing the latest SDK above the older (overwriting), I have no more orange message, the compiler seems to close properly, but I don't get any compiled Robin. It gets lost somewhere in the process...

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• There should be a TM log in the dr400 folder in the aircraft_workshop. Can you paste it here? Lets see what it says...

Also, have you deleted the older Robin files from the My Documents......aircraft/dr400 folder? If you delete them, then redo the project, you will (re-convert), then all parts are fresh and new, otherwise already made parts are not re-created. If you havent tried that, you might try it. If you want to keep the files, you can rename the folder, another will be created that is proper and filled with the files.

• Thanks a lot Bill, I did it already. This proved me the DR400 didn't get converted. I'll put the tm log here tonight when I'm back.

@IPACS: is there a preference to fully uninstall any older SDK before installing a new one ? Beyond both converters uninst.exe and deleting the aeroflyfs_sdk folder, is there anything else to clean? Is there anything to remove in the registers?

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    Antoine

• Here are links to the various config and log files related to my desperate DR400 conversion tentatives with the latest SDK.

config.tmc

tm_aircraft_converter.log

tm.log

report.txt

Does anybody find any clue in there about why the converter systematically fails generating a DR400 ?
    One odd thing I noticed it a mix of / and \ in the paths...

Thanks in advance to whoever can help me troubleshoot this SDK...

Cheers
    Antoine

• Antoine,

my SDK version is 1.05 build 1081, and everything works fine.
    I think there is a newer version but I'm afraid to install this.
    Unfortunately I'm at work right now and can't compare the files. I will do this tonight.
    It's a pity that some of the developers have these problems with the SDK package.

• Im sorry Antoine, I was going to check this myself, but I fear I might break mine. I downloaded the SDK over a week ago. I might have the same version as you. This is my build window. I wanted to see if mine still can build the DR400 and it can.

Version 1.0.7 / Build 1084 / Feb 14 Edition Aircraft Converter.

If you run the Aircraft Converter again, can you screenshot or note which version Converter you have, upper top right of blue GUID of the Converter.

• Nevermind. I see on this post that you do have this version. Mine is running fine. I am sorry yours isnt working for you. Something changed... Something messed it up when you reinstalled it. Trace it back.... Something was forgotten in updating your files to export the Robin.

Maybe try, step by step, doing the SDK PDF manual instructions. Remember, one single symbol in the files can crash the system. Mine was a second [ bracket in the TMR file. Had me stumbling for several days.... sigh...

• Thank you Rodeo,
    Well, I would say it's pretty much unfortunate only the latest SDK build is available for download.
    It seems we're only a bunch of users trying to figure out how to work with this early phase SDK, I fully understand there are bugs, and there are more coming up.

Previous releases should be available for download as potential workaround as long as releases aren't stable...

Or if anybody from IPACS could provide some feedback regarding this issue, are the log files of any help to identify the duck? What further info can I provide to get some support troubleshooting my converter?

Thanks in advance
    Cheers
    Antoine

• Antoine,

I just looked at your tm.log from the aircraft converter, which should tell whats going on. I was getting those same duplicate errors when I was trying to make a repaint on top of a plane that was in my 'My Documents......aircraft' folder, including the 'magnetic field' error. (It was looking for the model in the main, actual 'aircraft' folder in AF2, not in the 'My Documents...........aircraft' folder. So..... (below)

** When you export or convert, is your 'dr400' folder in your 'My Documents.......aircraft' folder empty? If not, rename it _BACKUPdr400, then run the converter again so that it creates a fresh folder.

** In your dr400 folder in 'aircraft_workshop', do you have a repaint? If so, copy that out of there to another location and hide it from that folder and run the converter again and see if that does it. That was the crash I was getting when getting the 'magnetic field' error.

Bill

• I eventually got it to work!!!

The solution was to both
    - delete the AeroflyFS 2 Aircraft Converter in C:\... \Documents
    - delete the DR400 folder in C:\... \Documents\AeroflyFS 2\Aircraft

A new Aircraft Converter folder gets created with a proper config.tmc when launching the converter.
    As Bill said, if the previously converted aircraft is not removed, the converter will fail.

My problem was: as I tested various config.tmc syntaxes I had a converted DR400 in the folder, then IPACS said the default config.tmc file should be OK, thus I went back to the original one, and deleting the previously converted DR400 was not sufficient for the converter to work through...

Thank so much to all who helped, a special big thank you to Bill.

Cheers
    Antoine

• Congrats! Glad its working again, Antoine.

When I saw your duplicate errors in your converter tm.log that I was having with mine, I figured you were having a similar situation. I figured it was a repaint in the mix. I think if you modify your files in the 'My Documents/........aircraft' folder, then it stumbles the converter, so perhaps deleting those, or copying them to a safe place, or sending a copy to the aircraft_workshop, then converting, should get it done.

You should see what I have to do when making a model with my Bullette. I keep it in AF2 (not My Documents), so I can make repaints. But if I need to build the model again (updates), then I have to delete the My Documents folder (I rename it like _BACKUPb40), put the repaints in a safe place by taking them out, burning a new model package (everything), then sending it back to AF2 and dropping the repaints back in.

What ever it takes to get the job done. :)

EDIT: In your case, I wonder if just deleting the documents from the 'My Documents.....aircraft/dr400' folder might do it? The converter was trying to find things that might be a post compile insert.

Bill

• EDIT: In your case, I wonder if just deleting the documents from the 'My Documents.....aircraft/dr400' folder might do it? The converter was trying to find things that might be a post compile insert.

Deleting the 'My Documents.....aircraft/dr400' folder is something I did quite early in my investigations, as I had the feeling no aircraft was being generated by the converter. The easiest and fastest way was to delete the folder and check whether a new one was getting created.
    But then the problem was coming from the config.tmc.

In my case, the key was to delete both of them... let's keep this in mind next time we install a new build.

BTW you're really learning the hard way. Let's hope you'll eventually share your valuable feedback with IPACS for further developments.

Cheers
    Antoine