Aerofly FS2 Mobile VS PC

• There seems to be a debate forming "out there" on the internet about Aerofly FS2 "simply" being a mobile port with very little to recommend or differentiate it from the mobile versions.

We can pretty much guess why some people might prefer to feel this way, but it might be good to hear it straight from the designers mouths what the actual current differences really are, and some hint of where things are intended to go in the future.

Thanks.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Well, this is something somebody started a few month ago and it magically reproduced itself until everybody thinks its true, this is how the internet works :)

Anyway, to clarify this and without going into too much detail: Aerofly FS 2 for PC is not a port of the mobile version, its actually the other way around. Our main development platform is and always will be the PC. A few years back, when we started work on Aerofly FS 2, we quickly saw that it would take quite a bit of time to finish the PC version. So we decided to come out with the mobile version in between. This didn't interrupt the main development process for the PC version that much, as we already had experience with mobile development.

However the whole code base of our PC and mobile version are pretty much the same and with respect to the pure airplane physics, both platforms pretty much do the same, its amazing how quick those mobile devices are these days! We even have some extra CPU capacity left to do more advanced airplane physics in the future.

But even though the code base is the same, the PC version does run in quite a different configuration, e.g. the airplanes have a lot more texture, more complex shaders, interactive cockpits and we also compute a lot more with respect to collision detection. The same holds for the overall rendering, the terrain, runways and buildings are rendered with more textures and more polygons. Some of this is due to different resources some of this is done during runtime and depending on the capability of the PC or mobile device.

So to keep this short, Aerofly FS 2 for PC is no port from the mobile version.

• Yup, thank you very much.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5