10.9 GB Update is flowing right now. Yeah.

• Ray,
    this update just replaces the world wide aerial images with slightly newer versions. There is no new content besides a greater coverage for tree data in the western part of the USA.

I hope it got rid of some of those trees in the middle of the freeways. ha.

Ray

• Until they find a better way to map where trees should be the only thing that works for me is to set tree density to "LOW".

And to be fair the result is quite good. :)

Thank you & Best regards,

Tom Wunder

• Until they find a better way to map where trees should be the only thing that works for me is to set tree density to "LOW".

And to be fair the result is quite good. :)

The problem is that the placement is within a range so precision is difficult, and also trees are placed randomly not specifically. if OSM is introduced that may make tree placement more accurate but there are more important things to develop right now so it may be a while before it's introduced.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Honestly, that's a bit surprising though, as Orbx is usually very very precise about tree placement within the detailed areas of a given scenery, and I would be almost startled if they produced a scenery with trees kind of willy-nilly within the confines of a town, city or airport.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Honestly, that's a bit surprising though, as Orbx is usually very very precise about tree placement within the detailed areas of a given scenery, and I would be almost startled if they produced a scenery with trees kind of willy-nilly within the confines of a town, city or airport.

They would manually have to go up and down each road to set block out points I believe so that trees don't populate in those areas.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I had just woken up, had a little coffee, was lazily checking through several daily sites like I normally do when I saw the topic of this thread popped up after clicking New Posts. My eyes actually opened a little more, excited that we might get to check out (cough)Utah(/cough) today until I realized it was from the last big geo patch they did. (sigh)

Well, I'm awake now...LoL

• I had just woken up, had a little coffee, was lazily checking through several daily sites like I normally do when I saw the topic of this thread popped up after clicking New Posts. My eyes actually opened a little more, excited that we might get to check out (cough)Utah(/cough) today until I realized it was from the last big geo patch they did. (sigh)

Well, I'm awake now...LoL

The new DLC is coming shortly, keep drinking that coffee :)

Regards,

Jeff

• They would manually have to go up and down each road to set block out points I believe so that trees don't populate in those areas.

There is a tool for this. it's called Excluder.

You drag a box across the map, and the generic trees in that marked are gone.

I hope this terminates the guessing on trees. Not sure why they havn't found the time to do it.

By the way, am i the only one not having this latest auto-download?

• There is a tool for this. it's called Excluder.

You drag a box across the map, and the generic trees in that marked are gone.

I hope this terminates the guessing on trees. Not sure why they havn't found the time to do it.

I was actually wondering if they could overlay street and maybe even building data from OSM and then designate those as exclusion zones. Might not be perfect, but you could possibly clean up whole states like that quickly, once you had perfected software for it.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5