• Hi, i'm going to start looking for a new PC.

I want VR of course, so i will get a 10XX card or an RX480. But when it comes to CPU and RAM, does it help AFS2 to have more cores or hyperthreading? And does 16GB help instead of 8, or does AFS2 really use even 32?

I'm kind of partial to AMD and the new Ryzen seems like the real deal. Will 6 or 8 cores make AFS2 run better than 4c8T? Or just 4c?

Thanks for your thoughts.

• [...]But when it comes to CPU and RAM, does it help AFS2 to have more cores or hyperthreading? And does 16GB help instead of 8, or does AFS2 really use even 32?[...]

Yes, hyperthreading is helpful if I remember correctly. You don't need it though, I have a 2nd or 3rd generation i5 and that works just fine. I'm also running 8GB RAM, would be enough as well. If I were you I'd still get 16GB and a hyperthreading CPU, just to make sure I have enough headroom for other games I might want to play in VR.

Aerofly benefits from a multicore CPU, though I don't know if 6 vs 8 cores makes a big difference.

GPU graphics memory is more important I think. My 2GB are pretty much maxed out all the time, with maybe a 100MB margin or so? (Ultra settings). You might want 4GB so that you don't have to upload textures as often. That prevents loading stutters.

Cheers,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• I hate to disagree with Jan but my experience with pretty much all gaming applications is that once you get beyond 4 cores its much better to have more CPU clock speed than it is to have extra cores. I have a 7700K at 4.7Ghz (QuadCore) and it completely destroys my workstation machine which has the same graphics card but a lower Ghz CPU but with more cores.

If you spend the same amount of money you can either have more cores or more clock speed.. I'd always go for clock speed tbh.

For a nice VR experience I'd definitely recommend going down the nvidia route.

Just my 2 cents.

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!

• hell, i think pricing has gone up for graphics cards and other components?

Gigabyte Grafikkarte GTX1080 XTREME GAMING 8GD aprx. 700$/€
    Intel Core i7-6700K $/€?
    SSD 1Terra 300-400$/€

no way of getting cheaper power?

what's the amd line doing?