Aerofly FS2 + VoiceAttack = Awesome!

• I'm thinking that eventually Ipacs might expand the available keybinds. Alternately, modders might start tinkering to see whut can be done, which is pretty much how the third party scene began in FSX. :D

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Official Post

You can not map the autopilot NAV button with a keyboard key all the rest of the buttons
    On the autopilot work fine

I will look into this for you :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

Any resolution to this yet Jeff

you can bind the NAV and APP functions the same way as the other mode
    functions ( in the Controls / Autopilot menu these are called
    Navigation and Approach).

The missing function is the autopilot function reverse/backcourse
    which is not assignable yet, and is not yet implemented in the
    autopilot.

Please note that while you can assign a button or key to the NAV and
    APP functions, those are only working for the 'basic'autopilots on
    the C172 and Baron58. The more advanced autopilot / FMS onthe
    A320/B747/LJ45/.. ignore this event at the moment (mostly because NAV
    can mean many things to the FMS ). This will be addressedwith the
    next major update of the autopilot system.

Hope this helps clear this up for you.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Jeff

When I go to controller set up then to the autopilot tab then assign
    a key to the navigation function you cannot operate the navigation button on the autopilot with that
    keyboard button if you click on it with a mouse you can operate it
    all the rest of the buttons ( vertical, speed, heading, altituude ) on the auto
    pilot you can assigned a keyboard key and they work fine .

This is not about binding a button. This is about controlling the function after the button is bound with that button

In addition the NAV button on the auto pilot on the Lear works perfect
    If you use the mouse to activate it

It is not just me that is having to his problem. Everyone is having this problem

• I'll try to fix these issues with the control assignments of the autopilot. The clicking with the mouse should always work, pressing a button only sends a certain message to the aircraft, if the message key doesn't match how the autopilot is programmed then the key won't work. Same with the clickspot that you activate with the mouse. If the message from the clickspot is not recognized by the ap then it won't work. I'm going to debug all the key assignments and clickspot functions once I am finished with the ground work of the autopilot. There is still a bit of ground to cover, contstraints is one of them.

The assignable messages also don't fit all aircraft well. That is why it is currently only working for some aircraft. E.g. the B747 and A320 use a managed heading command, the LJ45 uses a "navigation" command which accounts for multiple navigation sources....

• I'll try to fix these issues with the control assignments of the autopilot. The clicking with the mouse should always work, pressing a button only sends a certain message to the aircraft, if the message key doesn't match how the autopilot is programmed then the key won't work. Same with the clickspot that you activate with the mouse. If the message from the clickspot is not recognized by the ap then it won't work. I'm going to debug all the key assignments and clickspot functions once I am finished with the ground work of the autopilot. There is still a bit of ground to cover, contstraints is one of them.

The assignable messages also don't fit all aircraft well. That is why it is currently only working for some aircraft. E.g. the B747 and A320 use a managed heading command, the LJ45 uses a "navigation" command which accounts for multiple navigation sources....

Thank you so very much!

• Official Post

Jeff

When I go to controller set up then to the autopilot tab then assign
    a key to the navigation function you cannot operate the navigation button on the autopilot with that
    keyboard button if you click on it with a mouse you can operate it
    all the rest of the buttons ( vertical, speed, heading, altituude ) on the auto
    pilot you can assigned a keyboard key and they work fine .

This is not about binding a button. This is about controlling the function after the button is bound with that button

In addition the NAV button on the auto pilot on the Lear works perfect
    If you use the mouse to activate it

It is not just me that is having to his problem. Everyone is having this problem

My apologies, I somehow missed what you were asking here. It's odd, I had it working just fine when I tried it, that's why I didn't see a problem.

Regards,

Jeff

• how important is speech recognition? There is like 3 thinks at the most that you can control with voice.
    since there ain't no weapon systems or ATC personnel you are filing requests here that are way off roadmap.
    i was hoping this becomes a flight simulator one day. Seems more like a kids corner.

• Please stay open minded and accept that different users have different preferences.
    I don't see a meaning by replacing FSX just by another flight sim with the same functions, I like the different approach of aerofly FS 2.
    And since voiceattack is done here by users it does not allocate IPACS resources.

• Please stay open minded and accept that different users have different preferences.
    I don't see a meaning by replacing FSX just by another flight sim with the same functions, I like the different approach of aerofly FS 2.
    And since voiceattack is done here by users it does not allocate IPACS resources.

Couldn't agree more. This, as simple as it is, really
    Adds to the immersion in VR

• Update:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Did you guys catch the Airspeed Alive, 80 kts, V1 and Rotate are now included. Yeah. Very good audio now, Just the right delays, everything accurate and realistic.

I sent Mike a few more possible add ons, like squawk transponder codes, and radar Contact. Traffic alerts, and some Climb and maintain commands.

It is getting better everyday.

thanks Mike,

Ray

Here is Mike new repaint.

• Wow, I did not realize this would already have so much buzz on the forums. I was about to post my efforts here but I can see that someone has beat me to the punch. I happy to know that community members have taken a interest in my project. I will continue my efforts improving the VoiceAttack profile.

If you have any suggestions please feel free to post them here or message me on my youtube channel. I check my mail almost everyday.

Have a good one guys.

Mike