Voice Attack based ATC. Any interest?

• Let me do some more updates, and I will post the list again.

Some etiquette questions.

I don't see a way for tower to initiate contact. So requests from them to change alt. or direction probably will not work, looking at it though.

Is it bad form to request turns or altitude changes? Who would it be directed at? Tower, departure, approach?

I think this is a pretty good start. I will try to clean it up a little over the next few days.

• The request for takeoff that says to hold short for landing traffic, s/b changed so that we do not have to ask again for takeoff. You could add - taxi into position and wait when runway is clear of landing traffic or something like that. then use a short delay for takeoff permission. OR just delete the 'request again' at the end and use a delay to be "cleared for immediate takeoff"

Ray

• Let me do some more updates, and I will post the list again.

Some etiquette questions.

I don't see a way for tower to initiate contact. So requests from them to change alt. or direction probably will not work, looking at it though.

Is it bad form to request turns or altitude changes? Who would it be directed at? Tower, departure, approach?

I think this is a pretty good start. I will try to clean it up a little over the next few days.

Maybe just use a long delay from a previous command for the tower or departure to comeback.

It is common practice to request changes in altitudes, sometime to avoid cloud buildups, maybe to pick up a tail wind or to avoid a head wind component. maybe to get out of a low smog layer. Usually you get 2,000 feet up or down and if that is not enough, just request it again. You can request specific altitudes also. These are usually when you have a turbo to get up near 20,000 feet. The standard 172 poops out at the O2 level anyway.

Need to keep the odd and even altitudes in mind also. 0 - 179 deg odd +500 feet, 180 - 359 deg Even +500 feet. All above 3,000 feet.

Requested turns and altitudes can be for any reason, or even no reason - maybe to fly over your house, the golf course, marina, girl friends house, whatever.

Usually tower, but anyone you may be talking to. Tower, departure, approach.

This is an absolutely fantastic start. Totally different feel for the sim with something directed at your plane. Thanks a million, as they say.

Regards,

Ray

• No problem Ray. Happy to do it. I think it is working out great so far. :)

I will make that change on the "hold short" for traffic. I thought I had already changed that, but apparently not. Easy enough to put in a delay, then approval for immediate take off.

• No problem Ray. Happy to do it. I think it is working out great so far. :)

I will make that change on the "hold short" for traffic. I thought I had already changed that, but apparently not. Easy enough to put in a delay, then approval for immediate take off.

Excellent. Are you going to make a video to show off your work?

Regards,

Ray

• Here is the latest profile and sounds.

List of key words and phrases VA is listening for. Best if used in a proper sentence the way you would talk to real ATC.

Open/Close -for opening and closing a flight plan (just the verbal response) Example: "Departure, Cessna 51911, I would like to open my VFR flight plan at this time."
    Departing - Use when holding short, alternative to "takeoff" request
    land/landing - requesting tower for landing permission Example: "Tower, Cessna 51911 request permission to land."
    Taxi to runway Example: "Ground, Cessna 51911, request permission to taxi to runway"
    Taxi to ramp
    Taxi to business
    Taxi to signature
    Turn to the (North, South, East, West) Example: "Departure, Cessna 51911, requesting permission for turn to the north"
    With you -notifies departure you are there.
    climb - request climb to higher alt.
    descend
    right turn Example: "Departure, Cessna 51911, requesting permission for a right turn to heading 030"
    left turn
    emergency Example: "Tower, Cessna 51911 has lost an engine, declaring an emergency"

The link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6g4a9r39mw94…rofile.zip?dl=0

Andrew

• Not sure. Maybe tomorrow. Depends on what I have to catch up on from work. LOL

Just an FYI, this is me. http://www.mrrcsound.com

The VA/FS2 project has to be 2nd in the big scheme of things. Gotta make the money to pay for the play as they say.

Thanks for the Key Words list.

Regards,

Ray

• November is used on all US planes, so it is not usually said. Just saying 911 does not sound right. I am not sure if you are from the US or not. In the US you dial 911 for emergencies. Sounds strange, so I just went with the full number. If it had some letters in it, it would sound better.

• This is very interesting

I must ask why the full 51911. It should be
    Cessna November niner one one

Just curious

The full N51911 call sign is usual around airports with mixed country traffic such as New York, Washington, Miami, San Francisco and Los Angeles, just to mention some of the busier ones. But, inland and other places the N is not normally used, and if so, only on the initial communication exchange.

The full number with or without the N is almost always used for the initial reply or maybe the first two, from then on only the last 3 numbers or numbers and letters are used. When flying IFR and you are handed off as you move through geographical areas it is also common to be greeted the first time with only the last 3 characters. This is because both parties are expecting to be communicating at that time.

Clearance deliveries almost always use the full call sign, which they should. Ground control many times use only the 3 characters when giving landing taxiway instructions to clear the runway, but use the full number when issuing instructions for taxi for takeoff. It is safe to say that if ATC uses only the 3 characters then you can reply or confirm with only the 3 characters.

Some planes only have 2 characters after the N. I have never seen a plane with just one character but have seem several with only two, N2R or N1M could be used.

Call signs with two alpha characters are common among private jets and larger twin props, such as N24RM, or N555SR. I had a call sign for a short time with N5558B that made a cool call in. Hello Approach, this is Citation Triple Nickel 8 ball inbound for landing, requesting straight in for 27. Most times they came right back with Roger, Triple Nickel 8 Ball, straight in to 27 approved.

In the case of N51911, using 911 would be appropriate and I don't think anyone would associate the 911 with the emergency call number. I would expect some new call signs once IPACS allows us change the call signs on the VC panels. I am using N45LJ and N24RM on my FS2 Learjet 45 liveries, but all the panels still have the D call sign.

Regards,

Ray

• I will be updating it one more time today. I am going to do hand off from tower to departure, and from approach to tower, as well as requests for flight following. I think that will pretty much wrap up the Cessna ATC, and gives a good basis for other aircraft/different call numbers.

I would like a few others to test this out if they are interested and give feedback. Right now I think it is working pretty well.

Andrew

• A good generic call sign would be N45LJ. Maybe later on you can add some of the Flight Level and handoff stuff for IFR. That would be really nice for sure. I will make a list specific to high altitude fast movers and see what you think. Thanks for the generous offer.

Most of the real world ATC use Bombardier rather than Learjet, but it is a mix. So the call sign might be Bombardier N45LJ or Learjet 5 Lima Juliet.

Regards,

Ray