New Region on Final

• Here is a sneak peek of an all new region coming your way. This is a majestic area. Can you guess this new location?

This new region will be in the form of DLC and will be completely FREE. Please have a little bit more patience will the final touches are being made.

• I have a question for you Jeff... WHEN?

When is the wrong question to ask anyone affiliated with IPACS. We never publish any release dates because we don't want people to say "you promised us this xx time ago" and this way we don't have to finish the projects by a deadline which only leads to bugs and a lot of temporary solutions or unfinished publications. Stable software and high performance doesn't come from rushing towards a release date...

• Cool! I like those screenshots because with current technology I prefer rural areas above urban areas. Rural can look real while urban, being too flat and too detailed usuallly looks fake. Can't wait for this one! Hopefully it borders on the current default US area...!

• Utah. Gotta be Utah, this should make J van E happy - lots of remote, really remote areas and a few new airports.

How about showing us a new airport and see who can correctly identify it?

Ray

A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o
    Out now: Hawaiian Islands 8) Part 1: Kauai + Niihau v2 and Part 2 Oahu Island.

On short final Part 3: Molokai, Maui, Lanai, Kohoolawe + Molokini Crater

• When is the wrong question to ask anyone affiliated with IPACS. We never publish any release dates because we don't want people to say "you promised us this xx time ago" and this way we don't have to finish the projects by a deadline which only leads to bugs and a lot of temporary solutions or unfinished publications. Stable software and high performance doesn't come from rushing towards a release date...

Fair enough!!!

• With the greatest of respect, I do not consider that a question wrong. "WHUEN". It is very logical and elementary that, after asking initially: "Here is a sneak peek of all new region coming your way ....... Can you guess this new location?". Two questions immediately arise in the mind of any addict to Aerofly: 1st. When? And, 2nd location ?.

It is the most logical thing. It would even be unresponsive, that no one would raise those two questions. In my opinion with the greatest respect to all who participate in this forum, I say again: "It is very elementary and logical that someone ask those questions." These questions, perhaps arise as a result of a somewhat, ... bold ...? Imprudent? Publication: photos of a region and ask if anyone can identify that region.

All the addicts to "Aerofly", we are waiting ... more ... and more ... and more ... We are insatiable, especially in this game in "early acces". And of course, to avoid uncomfortable questions, we have to be very cautious in publishing events and updates. Whenever we say: this will be updated, immediately, a mountain of questions related to the subject will arise.
    Regards

• "It is very elementary and logical that someone ask those questions."

You are right, that is a logical response to seeing a new thing! There is just no answer to the question:
    a) I, personally, have now insight into how far the scenery is progressed and I could not estimate the remaining time from the state either
    b) Since there is no deadline, nobody can give you a release date. We could make an educated guess but that could turn out to be wrong as well. If I said two month but it actually turned out to be four at the end then the people who read my estimation will turn on me after 2.01 months.

I just want the users to see it from our perspective. We are constantly creating new things, everyone in our team is dedicating a lot of time for this sim. When we decide to add something to the sim we then aim to complete it in a good quality. That quality may take a bit more time than we initially planned, we might want to add something to the end product (e.g. sound in the q400 or few more airports around that major airport,...). If we had a fixed relase date we couldn't just simply say: lets add this as well, this will round it up, there wouldn't be time for it.

What I agree on is that we maybe should publish more about what we are working on and what our end goal is going to be. So that users see where our Early Access roadmap will take us to. We did a roadmap (sticky topic in this forum) and it still holds but maybe one might want to know what that means in more detail?

Regards,
    Jan

• Maybe this is a good question (with bad grammar):
    Will this be payware or for free? And if payware, will every new region cost something?
    Thanks!