• You are right, that is a logical response to seeing a new thing! There is just no answer to the question:
    a) I, personally, have now insight into how far the scenery is progressed and I could not estimate the remaining time from the state either
    b) Since there is no deadline, nobody can give you a release date. We could make an educated guess but that could turn out to be wrong as well. If I said two month but it actually turned out to be four at the end then the people who read my estimation will turn on me after 2.01 months.

I just want the users to see it from our perspective. We are constantly creating new things, everyone in our team is dedicating a lot of time for this sim. When we decide to add something to the sim we then aim to complete it in a good quality. That quality may take a bit more time than we initially planned, we might want to add something to the end product (e.g. sound in the q400 or few more airports around that major airport,...). If we had a fixed relase date we couldn't just simply say: lets add this as well, this will round it up, there wouldn't be time for it.

What I agree on is that we maybe should publish more about what we are working on and what our end goal is going to be. So that users see where our Early Access roadmap will take us to. We did a roadmap (sticky topic in this forum) and it still holds but maybe one might want to know what that means in more detail?

Regards,
    Jan

"Originally posted by Jet-Pack"
    "What I agree on is that we maybe should publish more about what we are working on and what our end goal is going to be."...

I think it is a mistake to publish projects more frequently. The more it is published, the more questions and controversy will occur.

In my opinion, the publications that are made must be sufficiently detailed and extensive, otherwise. There will be endless questions and debates.

Do not post something, if that will generate questions THAT CAN NOT BE ANSWERED. It is a mistake to make such a publication because it will only generate sterile questions and debates. I have no doubt that in this project is working hard (with great dedication), so I think it is not convenient to publish aspects of the project, if the nature of the updates and the date are not known.

When you start a project, you always think of dates, but then the experience shows that they never end on the dates you originally intended. There are always a lot of difficulties that delay the end of the project, and much more, in something as fantastic as this game, which is definitely almost the entire globe without designing: cities, territory, airports, and so on. We have almost everyone to build all those infrastructures. Given this enormous complexity, we must understand that dates can not be given to their end, even for certain regions, because any of these regions, supposes an enormous amount of work, especially considering that this work is pure fantasy and creativity.

That is why I am very convinced that this project will take much longer than originally planned. However, if you continue with this degree of perfection, I am one of the users who tells your designers: go ahead, your game, it is extraordinary; Continue with this great quality, I am willing to wait what is necessary, this is the "best flight simulator" in the market. CONGRATULATIONS, DESIGNERS!

• Official Post

delfin, your argument is subjective as there are many users out there that want exactly opposite than you. Sneak peeks are an option to post something upcoming rather than not posting anything at all and have users complain that they hear nothing from the developers in a long time. Also, some of these updates take time to finish so there are no exact release dates for them at the time of notice. There were many users on both this and Steam forums that have specifically mentioned to at least post sneak peeks to what's being worked on, and that's what's being done. What was done here was merely posting something positive so that users have something to look forward to. If that bothers you, then don't open the thread. And this is not meant to be an attack, so don't take it like one.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi Jeff

You have written:
    ... "If that bothers you, then don't open the thread. And this is not meant to be an attack, so don't take it like one."

In absolute has bothered me; I have never interpreted it that way, nor do I interpret it as an attack against me. I simply think that if the information published in this forum is not complete, it generates all those questions and debates that neither you want nor the designers of this game.

Regards: Delfin

• Hope it's Utah or Colorado! Would be nice to have a larger area that connects to the original southwest.

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ power supply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10 Pro x64

• Here is a sneak peek of an all new region coming your way. This is a majestic area. Can you guess this new location?

It could be just the alpha/beta stage of the scenery, but I would consider the screenshots at a lower resolution to that of the US hi-definition DLC. Therefore, could this be the first region / section of the lower resolution global scenery ?

Maybe a whole continent ???

• Official Post

Jet-Pack, for a better understanding,
    can you explain your exact role in this?

I'm an official IPACS developer, I develop the aircraft systems together with others. Ergo I am very involved in the aircraft functionality but I have pretty much nothing todo with the scenery development. But I see what my coworkers are doing, so I have some degree in what they are doing and how they create the scenery. Since I don't know every detail, I can't always answer all of your questions, so sometings I just don't know the answer and leave it open. Also I don't know the official plan for all areas that are currently worked on, so I resist to promise stuff that I don't know for sure. I've been a member of this forum before I worked for IPACS (since 2009 actually) and I still sometimes write my own opinion on the topic. I try to always mark those as my own words though, not as an official statement of the company.

Does this somewhat answer your question?

Regards,
    Jan

• Jan,
    Let me thank you for all the hard work you and others put into this sim. Flying with the Oculus Rift is an experience like none I have seen in any other sim. Love the work you did on the Cold and Dark mod too. Great stuff!

I there an official way to request features or changes? I live very near Harris Hill NY, one of the best known glider flying areas in the world. I used to fly gliders up there some. Never got my license, but was flying solo. The higher resolution ground images end only about 50 miles to the east of this location. In the higher resolution areas of the NYC pack it is easy to see buildings, ball diamonds, fields, etc. But in the Harris Hill area, the resolution is so bad that even large buildings such as the local mall, and large stores are nothing more than blobs. Is there any way that the NYC pack can be extended to cover this area with some higher resolution? I have been having a blast slope soaring in the area, but the poor resolution is really distracting. I would of course be willing to pay for this.

Also, is there any plans for a tow plane for gliders, like the unofficial mod in FS1?

Thanks,
    Andrew

• Absolutely clear Jan, thanks for the explanation.

I understand how difficult your intermediate position is, and how chaotic forums can get,
    especially if companies don't communicate properly.

So again, accept my thanks for your work,
    but also accept my call for an overall better projection to be provided by Torsten i guess.
    Being lead engineer, CEO and CMO simultaneously against a crowd of hungry simmers what a hard job :).

• Official Post

Thank you for the kind words :)

Also, is there any plans for a tow plane for gliders, like the unofficial mod in FS1?

I hope we will get moving objects in the sim again, with proper physics in the background, then I can add a mod for this again. With the navigation and the autopilot in the FS 2 this will be able to do a lot more, e.g land the towing plane at the end... Fly a certain pattern and stuff like that!

[...]but also accept my call for an overall better projection to be provided by Torsten i guess.[...]

Yes, he is working very hard, indeed. But that only he can provide a better projection isn't totally accurate, he and Marc make the decisions and also have to program most things as well. Together they make the "master plan" but I wouldn't want to take away there time by making them also post the plans in the forum and waiting for the users response. From my understanding that's something Jeff and I can do, we aim to be the interface to the main developers. We can give you small previews and "sneak peaks" like this one and collect your feedback and ideas and then present them to the Marc and Torsten or the team or forward bugs or issues to the right developer(s).
    But what you probably wanted to hear is if we plan to publish more official plans for the future?
    I'll ask again if we have anything we can make public at this point.

Regards,
    Jan

• If the scenery is Utah, where is a nice place to fly over?

If it's indeed Utah: Salt Lake City and its Surroundings (Ogden, Logan) with the Mountains in the East. SLC has a major airport, and there's the Temple, the Tabernacle, and all that. The Bryce Canyon in the South should look cool as well in photoscenery.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB (AeroflyFS2) + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

• I have updated the original post to inform everyone that this new region will be in the form of a FREE DLC.

Also, here are a couple more screenshots of some new airports.

• I have updated the original post to inform everyone that this new region will be in the form of a FREE DLC.

Also, here are a couple more screenshots of some new airports.

Jeff,

You are a true gentleman and a scholar and we appreciate this new information so much. Free DLC also puts to rest the unfounded thread at the Steam forum.

Now, let's see who can identify these new airports. hmmm. Can we assume they are in Utah?
    Hint - first image airport has two control towers.

Regards,

Ray