"force feedback" hardware

• I have no experience with "force feedback" hardware.
    For that reason I need to ask whether Aerofly FS2 contains all the necessary parameters for use with a "seat mover"?
    Provides Aerofly FS2 necessary feedback to simulate vibrations, collisions, rubs & bumps, etc.?

I consider this platform:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El3TDXQrV6U

Perhaps such a solution will be overkill?

Next Level Racing Motion Platform V3

The Next Level Racing® Motion Platform is designed and engineered specifically just for the seat to move to give the most realistic immersion with the mind and body. With this design and engineering it’s tested and proven to feel the g-forces more effectively through muscle pressures that you wouldn’t feel if the wheel and pedals moved at the same time. This pressure applied to your body and muscles can more realistically replicate and sustain the same g-forces as a real car. This method of only the seat moving is not only used by professional race car drivers for training but also on some of the world’s most advanced and high end motion simulators including CXC Simulations©.

Tactile Feedback

Two side/points vibration capabilities using true in game feedback based on car telemetry information to Simulate road bumps, road texture, vibrations, gear changes, collisions, horizontal rubs & bumps.

The Platform Manager is a powerful engine, yet it’s simple to use meaning you can adjust levels of motion, bumps, roll and pitch with a click of a button. The software also includes VR headway which using advanced mathematic formulas to calculate necessary compensation and applies it to the VR headset at runtime meaning the most authentic and immersive simulation experience.

Flight Simulators by dedicated plug-ins (connector):

AeroflyFS2

http://www.nextlevelracing.com…acing-motion-platform-v3/

• Thanks. I appreciate your feedback, Spit40.
    Do you also have experience with motion platforms?

In your link "This guy" stating, quote:
    "We are able to reproduce the issue on one of our computers:
    1. No motion, no VR - OK
    2. Motion, no VR - Ok
    3. No motion, VR - Ok
    4. Motion, VR - crash"

It might means that "Next Level Motion Platform" works if we do not use VR?

You answer: "Short answer is yes."

What is the question? ;)

• 'Yes' means that the interface between FS2 and my platform (and i suspect NLM) works in non VR, but crashes in VR. Just replied to the steam thread too.

• Good motion simulation that fits what you see shouldn't add nausea AFAIK.

When I get this working... I'm looking forward to feeling cross-winds and yaw with the 3rd DOF.

2DOF = typically Pitch & Roll + simulated Heave/G-into-seat (bit of pitch back i.e. seat lifts) + simulated surge (pitch forward, seat back presses against you)

3DOF (depending on design) adds yaw + simulated sway

The bit that is most interesting is how in VR you don't actually know what pitch/roll you are on at a particular time, as the visual is more dominant than the body's sense of what angle it is at. What you do notice is the acceleration/force, so the smarter new interfaces let you map seat pitch/roll not to actual pitch/roll but to rate of pitch and rate of roll. This solves the problem of how to handle a full 360 roll as you don't need to be upside down to feel upside down.

See
    https://www.xsimulator.net/co-ordinate-system/
    and
    https://www.xsimulator.net/com…-of-simulator-for-me.214/

• Its fascinating to me that so many people using Aerofly FS2 are interested in motion platforms. I don't think I've ever seen the subject brought up so often in relation to a specific simulator, or to be honest, at all.

Devons rig

Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit /Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

• Its fascinating to me that so many people using Aerofly FS2 are interested in motion platforms. I don't think I've ever seen the subject brought up so often in relation to a specific simulator, or to be honest, at all.

I think it's the amazing VR. It feels so close to 'real' that i just want to maximise the immersion.