Flight of Pitts and Extra (of FS-2), in acrobatics.

• Hi, friends of the forum,

For very serious family reasons, I will be some time (I do not know how much), disconnected from the forum. When these problems are solved or the situation improves, I will return.

In the current circumstances, I can neither read the post nor analyze or respond to your postings. When I come back and can, I will try to solve this rudder problem.

To Jan, Jeff, Cav, Antoine, jk1895, ... and all the others, for all the aids lent, thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

Kind regards: Delfin

• Hi, friends of the forum,

For very serious family reasons, I will be some time (I do not know how much), disconnected from the forum. When these problems are solved or the situation improves, I will return.

In the current circumstances, I can neither read the post nor analyze or respond to your postings. When I come back and can, I will try to solve this rudder problem.

To Jan, Jeff, Cav, Antoine, jk1895, ... and all the others, for all the aids lent, thank you, thank you, thank you very much.

Delfin,
    I'm sure that I can speak for everyone on here, we wish you well and all the best to you and your family. We will be here when you return.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hello friends,

Here I am again with the pretension of helping in whatever I can to improve this sim, and get... "THE BEST FLIGHT SIMULATOR OF THE WORLD" !.

Well, being rigorous, in many ways. ... WE ALREADY HAVE THE BEST FLIGHT SIMULATOR IN THE WORLD!

• Welcome back!

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• During my absence in this forum, I have seen that you have been very active and creative: Rodeo with his NAS Whidbey (among others), and David and others with their aircraft carriers. With these contributions to the community now we have more resources and that is to be thankful.

I've also noticed that incorporating the Utah DLC, and subsequent downloading of new files (replacing old ones), have created certain problems, especially those that we have AMD electronic components on our computers.

I think that some of these problems could have been avoided, having been more predictive and planning better, but ... now that they have already been solved, let's leave it that way. As it is said in my land: "agua pasada no mueve molinos= past water does not move mills". I do not know if this equivalent expression in English will be correct; If it is not, I apologize.

And standing in the present, I am very pleased to be able to be with you again and participate in your concerns, which are also mine, and among all, we aspire to build the best "flight simulator of the world."

Regards : Delfin

• Delfin.

Can you buy a joystick with rudder support? If you buy a joystick with rudder than it is no longer a problem, also it makes flying much easier :)

I would recommend the Thrustmaster HOTAS X, its pretty inexpensive but quite a good joystick for fun flying :)

I don't know how expensive that is in your country but its much better than flying without rudder. What joystick do you have now?

Cav

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!

• Also we have solved it.

All you need to do is this:

Open your main.mcf file using wordpad or notepad++ (after backing up the original)

This file is found in C:\Users\YourNameHere\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\main.mcf, go down to line 27 where is says "controls_use_rudder_assist" and change it to "false".

<[bool][controls_use_rudder_assist][false]>

and then save the file.

Then Open AFFS2 and see if it still happens.

• To make this clear: the rudder assist that you are experiencing is not intended on a dektop computer and it shouldn't be enabled in the default settings. Either your main.mcf file is still old and has that setting enabled (PLEASE CHECK THAT!! I'm asking that for the third time now) or we still have a bug in the code.

The F15 and F18 and all airliners and all other aircraft with a yaw damper are not good for testing the auto-rudder issue, because they should move the rudder slightly as shown in your latest F15 video. That is just the turn coordination / yaw dampening working...

Regards,
    Jan

Unresolved issue: (with Jan and Cav)

As you can see in the attached image, the file (main.mcf) mentioned by Jan and Cav, (in its 27th line), seems to be correct. Therefore, nothing has changed.

I assumed that assigned the rudder to any device, produced the same effects regardless of the type of device (keys, joystick or pedals), but Jan and Cav. made me understand that it is not. It is understood!.

Anyway, I do not like having the rudder assigned to the joystick, I prefer to have it on two keys to control the direction with the other hand. Is that possible with the rudder unplugged from the ailerons?

Cav. if not a lot of trouble, I'd like you to send a video of your Extra to the forum running a roll. It's possible?. I have a lot of interest in seeing this maneuver of Extra in a PC more powerful than mine, because in my PC, does not execute it correctly, however, correctly executes the maneuver in FS-1.

• Unresolved issue: (with Jan and Cav)

As you can see in the attached image, the file (main.mcf) mentioned by Jan and Cav, (in its 27th line), seems to be correct. Therefore, nothing has changed.

I assumed that assigned the rudder to any device, produced the same effects regardless of the type of device (keys, joystick or pedals), but Jan and Cav. made me understand that it is not. It is understood!.

Anyway, I do not like having the rudder assigned to the joystick, I prefer to have it on two keys to control the direction with the other hand. Is that possible with the rudder unplugged from the ailerons?

Cav. if not a lot of trouble, I'd like you to send a video of your Extra to the forum running a roll. It's possible?. I have a lot of interest in seeing this maneuver of Extra in a PC more powerful than mine, because in my PC, does not execute it correctly, however, correctly executes the maneuver in FS-1.

• Hello Cav.

You have put too much effort into solving my problem. I thank you, much, much.

Contrary to what you thought, especially Jan and you, the code of the program is not what you had supposed. The code is correct = "false", as shown in the image I am sending you.

What joystick do I have ?, this: Joystick THRUSTMASTER, Model 296 0623 -USB for PC and Mac.

The joystick that you recommend me, costs 38 €. No, the price is not an inconvenience to me. I already had a joystick with the command of the rudder in the lever (right hand), and although it surprises you, I did not like it, I prefer to have that control in two keys to send the direction with the left hand. I'm used to fly this way and I find it comfortable.

If it is possible to correct this inconvenience in another way we will do it, otherwise I will bear it.

Tell me Cav: Do you have the "FS 1"?

I ask you this, because I want to know if the behavior of Extra and Pitts, is exactly the same in FS 1 as in FS 2. On my PC, it is very, very different.

Very, very grateful, Cav.
    Delfín

• Hi Delfin.

The stick I suggested has rudder on the throttle quadrent which is in your left hand. Maybe better for you?

Yes I have FS1 and FS2 and the extra and Pitts fly the same in both sims. Your issue is entirely based around the auto rudder. Why don't you try assigning the rudder to the twist control on your current joystick just to test it out? See if the aircraft rolls correctly.

Cav

• Official Post

If you set the auto rudder to false and don't enter the control settings anymore it should remain off (I think). As soon as you assign your twist joystick it will also remove the auto rudder (set it to false) but when you remove the rudder assignment I think it turns it back on. Then you'll have to manually edit the main.mcf probably - you shouldn't need to when you have the buttons assigned!

Regards,
    Jan

• For the first time, Jan, I did not understand your communication. I beg you to expose it with more detail and in steps: (1º ---, 2º ... 3º ... etc).

As for you, Cav, I no longer have the previous joystick (with rudder built into its lever). Consequently I can not do the experiment that you recommend me. Also, if you tell me that in that way, it works well, it is obvious that it is. In any case, I do not want to have that control in that way; I want to control the address with two keys, as I've been doing for years, if is possible, of course.

Regards: Delfin

• Frankly Jan, I was not expecting this silence to my questions

Complete silence (no response) to the first communication, and, "Could be wrong though -", to the second = "sensivity".

I've been waiting for you convinced that you would consult, but the silence continues. And this proves that you did not think to answer me. Why?

• Official Post

Hi Delfin, I must have been in a hurry and didn't respond, then forgot.

Does your rudder issue still persist?
    Can you confirm that you have indeed just a pair of buttons/keys assigned for the rudder? Are these buttons on the keyboard or on a jostick or other controller?

Solution A:
    Did you try to edit the main.mcf file manually yet?
    (Set the "rudder assist" to false)

Solution B:
    Go to the control settings, if you have a twist joystick assign the twisting handle to the rudder.
    The rudder should now only move with your input.
    Then try to remove the rudder assignment again.
    Please tell me if the the rudder issue comes back, I would consider this a bug, since you still have your buttons assigned, right?

Regards,
    Jan

• Hello Jan

That you forgot to answer me? ... Well, thank you very much for that sincerity.

And, thank you again, for giving me broader answers again, the previous ones were not. The rudder control response, you did not give it to me.

In my reply of May 10, 2017, 23:00 , I sent you an image of the file "main.mcf", again I send it to you now.

These were your questions (my reply below):

Does your rudder issue still persist? ---> YES
    Can you confirm that you have indeed just a pair of keys assigned to the rudder? ---> YES

Are these buttons on the keyboard ---> YES

Solution A:
    Did you try to edit the main.mcf file manually yet? ----> YES
    (Set the "rudder assist" to false) ---> IT WAS ALREADY IN FALSE, (AND IT DOES NOT WORK, I WANT TO SAY THAT IT ACTIVATES SIMULTANEOUSLY WITH THE AILERONS (RUDDER AND ALERONS COUPLING CONTINUES).

Contrary to what you thought, Jan, the code of the program is not what you had supposed. The code is correct = "false", as shown in the image I am sending you.

• Official Post

Well I have other things to do as well, I'm sorry. Most times I'm in this forum I'm on my free time, I just like to be here and try to support people - I'm not officially in the support team but I know quite a bit about the Aerofly so I try to help. With the huge number of posts lately I can't remember what everyone said for each post, most of the times I just jump the next unread post that's probably why I asked you questions that you already answered to.

With all the info that you gave me it's certain to say that rudder assist option in the main config is not affecting the rudder "assist" as intended. So I'm going to forward this bug (again) to the programmers of the control settings dialog.

Regards,
    Jan