• Well, now that the Aircraft Converter is working on my computer, I was eventually able to compile a DR400 with a home made real DR400 airspeed indicator in kt instead of the default one in kph.
    Some DR400 in France keep using this ASI in kph, but all the HB Robins I've been flying have such an ASI in kt, thus now i feel home in this DR400.

Unfortunately, I was unable to identify how to change the needle. Does anybody know in which texture it's hiding ?

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• You'll have to adjust the AirspeedNeedleMapping.
    That is a list of value pairs, the first value is the speed in m/s, the second one is the rotation angle in radiant. Just sample your texture at significant points (e.g. 30kts, 60kts, 100kts and so on) and measure the angle. Then convert the speed x from kts to m/s (*0.514444444 m/s per kt) and convert the angle y into radiants (*pi/180 rad/deg) and you have a pair ( x y ) of values for the mapping.

Regards,
    Jan

• Thank you Jan, this was already done, on the picture I'm actually flying 80kt.

What I'm searching for is the visual model of the needle for editing, I couldn't find it.

BTW the original speed VS angle table for the kph asi is somewhat odd... I computed different values for it while cross-checking my tests.

Bill, yes it's a blessing we have this nice aircraft and the wiki knowledge base. Trial and error is a good way to understand how things work.

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Nobody knows how to change a needle?

• The 3D model, yes, but I cannot find the texture, in order to replace it with my needless texture.

Cheers
    Antoine

• The 3D model, yes, but I cannot find the texture, in order to replace it with my needless texture.

Cheers
    Antoine

Hey, I volunteer to beta test your new Knots ASI in my DR400. :cool: Now that I have my own DR400. :rolleyes:

btw, has anyone made a N number repaint for the Robin? My flights sound a little out of place in Northern California when I call ATC with an HB-JOA call sign.
    Regards,

Ray

• I'll make it available, Ray.
    BTW the wooden Robin are not very usual in the US.
    They're used to HB call signs after having had HB-SIA and HB-SIB roaming their airspace (;-)

Cheers
    Antoine

They're used to HB call signs after having had HB-SIA and HB-SIB roaming their airspace (;-)

Cheers
    Antoine

I like flying the Robin for the slow speed, short runway requirement, great visibility, and good manners. Kinda like I would use a helicopter for looking around airports and scenery.

Regards,
    Ray

Cheers
    Antoine

Maybe we can hear and see those aircraft and call signs in Aerofky FS 2 when IPACS turns on the AI and ATC.

Regards,
    Ray

• I like flying the Robin for the slow speed, short runway requirement, great visibility, and good manners. Kinda like I would use a helicopter for looking around airports and scenery.

Regards,
    Ray

+1
    Mostly, I like the visibility in VR. A Cessna style Knots ASI is also appealing as it is simpler and clearer to read in VR than the current KMH one.

• +1
    Mostly, I like the visibility in VR. A Cessna style Knots ASI is also appealing as it is simpler and clearer to read in VR than the current KMH one.

Antoine may have created a new cottage industry changing gauges.

Regards,
    Ray

• Here's the first draft of my DR400 ASI in kt.

Enjoy! Once I find how to replace the needle texture I'll publish a new release.

Cheers
    Antoine

• Here's the first draft of my DR400 ASI in kt.

Enjoy! Once I find how to replace the needle texture I'll publish a new release.

Cheers
    Antoine

Antoine,

Would you try the attached ASI image and see if it works for you.

Regards,

Ray