• Hi guys,

Just a post to tell that I'm having fun flying cross country in the ASG 29. I started at Cloverdale airfield above San Francisco, and now flying towards Sacramento. At this moment I am 1 hour in flight and at an altitude of 1200 m (3600 ft). Covered around 100 km of ground (60 miles). Weather is calm with thermals set to strong. Still not easy to find strong thermals, so I have to settle for 2 m/s (around 600 ft/min) thermals most of the time. In effect this gives me an average climb rate of 1,3 m/s (350 feet/min). Do miss a working McCready, but the scenery is lovely. It's already pretty, but I am really looking forward to animated water and well animated clouds.

All in all enjoying myself. Great!

Greeting,

René

• Still flying. Now around 3.5 hours in flight. I'm currently south of lake Tahoe, heading for alpine village. Just clearing the high peaks of deadwood peak and round top. Currently at 3500 m (11500 ft) altitude and covered a distance of 300 km (190 nm). So far I found enough thermals to keep my going, even able to skip some. When I'm at lake Tahoe I'll will see what I'll do next. I think I'll try heading south, but that's for another day.

200 nm XC flight in the ASG 29. Not bad so far!