Pilot visible in-cockpit?

• Yes this is possible, see here for instance.

But the pilot's head keeps displaying unfortunately.
    It was asked to IPACS if they could display pilot's body without head when seen from cockpit, but they never replied so far...

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• BTW: if you want to prevent your modifications from being overwritten each time AeroflyFS gets updated, you should copy your aircraft folder from the Steam folder into your My Document AeroflyFS 2 Aircraft folder, then rename it.
    For instance, rename the c172 folder in My_c172 (avoid spaces) and rename the c172 tmb, tmc and tmd files in My_c172.
    Do not rename the controls.tmd file.
    Eventually, edit My_c172.tmc with Notepad or Notepad++ to change the display name.
    You can even change the pilot, for instance choosing Patricia instead of Pamela...

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Antoine, underscores do not work in the folder names from what I have tested so far.
    You should do: myc172 or like I did: "c172mod".

Regards,
    Jan

Jan, are you sure ?

I did all my aircraft copies with underscores in the folder names and it works fine.
    Anyway it was just en example....

Cheers
    Antoine

• Official Post

Well then you'd have file names like c172_mod_takeoff.tmd.... maybe later we wil have c172_cold_and_dark.tmd, then maybe underscores in the file names are a lot more confusing? I don't know, there are no underscores in any of the aircraft folder names, so I'm sticking with that policy. Spaces don't work cross platform, same with uppercase letters...
    I'm impressed that all the repaints with capital names even work... but maybe they will all break if a Mac version comes along, who knows... I'm just doing what IPACS is doing: no spaces, no underscorese, no uppercase letters

• That's a good advice, Jan...

• Thanks guys, I now have legs and hands. Gives a way better feel for cockpit size. I now actually feel like I am in a small, cramped but comfy glider cockpit.

My avatar has way to much sun screen on though. His skin is reflecting sunlight like a polished piece of metal...:p