Latest update feedback

• There wasn't a thread for this yet.

I just flew over NYC. All around there are scenery items in weird places. Nothing seems right. Buildings in rivers etc. This seemed to be the case in the new Utah scenery as well. Randomly placed buildings.

I've verified game cache in Steam, not help.

• NYC looked fine to me. There was a highway behind the Statue of Liberty that has some trees on it. Thats all I spotted.

I have a tile that is misbehaving in Four Corners in Utah area (One of those 4 states). It turns yellow at a certain range. Even in the Map window, it turns yellow. Zoom out and its fine. Probably my computer glitched when it downloaded the package. It fell asleep 3x when downloading it. Took like 9 hours for everything.

• I will have a look tomorrow. But since I've checked the local files in steam just before, all must be latest version.

OK yes, the version information is important here as I've performed a considerable amount of testing on the "public_beta" build and i'm not seeing anything out of place at all. There was one missing tile at the end of the runway at Monument Valley Airport but that's all that I've seen at this point.

Is anyone else seeing any of these issues described in this thread?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes I have the same issues.
    There are multiple tiles that are not correctly updated/downloaded.
    The one directly north of Monument Valley airport (highest res.)
    as well as the three tiles west of that in medium quality
    and some in the distance as visible on the screenshots above.

They all have in common that they are at the edge of the old to the new region. And at least the tile in Monument Valley had very poor quality before too, even though even tiles further outside where not as strange.

When the distance to the mv. tile is big it looks fine. If you are up close it looks really bad.

Near the Navojo Mountain I've also spotted one tile that looks a bit off, when you get closer it fine in higher resolution.
    To be sure I would like to see the entire south west corner refreshed, especially the border between Utah and Arizona.

Regards,
    Jan

• OK yes, the version information is important here as I've performed a considerable amount of testing on the "public_beta" build and i'm not seeing anything out of place at all. There was one missing tile at the end of the runway at Monument Valley Airport but that's all that I've seen at this point.

Is anyone else seeing any of these issues described in this thread?

Yes, at Monument Valley north of the runway I too have the yellow tile, plus it looks like west of the airport there is a significantly larger section of yellow tile that does "fix" itself as you approach it ( a mip-map error perhaps?). I haven't tried the NYC scenery since the update (having to much fun in Utah...). My version is 2.0.1 EA 4.08 (20170403), and build number is 1732116.

Should we be on the public_beta build? Also, I have unchecked the Utah DLC and let it download again, just for your information.

Ken

• Official Post

Thank you. Yes, you should be using the public_beta channel. I'm not too sure if this was pushed to the non-beta (standard) channel yet (and forgot to ask :))
    I have 3 PC's used for testing (though one of them is only for the developer alpha build), I've been flying around looking for these anomalies but have yet to find one on any of my builds (not saying that all of you aren't having problems). This is appearing to me that it has something to do with the download through Steam, but not 100% sure yet.

Regardless of how it's happening, it will be addressed.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

If you are running on the standard (non-beta) channel and you switch over to the public_beta build, please post on here to let us know if your problems get resolved.

Regards,

Jeff

• Switched over to public_beta build, problems around Monument Valley still exist. Program files were updated when I switched, and then once again did a new d/l of new DLC.

Checked out NYC, no problems there at all, so can't guess what happened to OP's files re: NY.

Ken

• This Tile reappears if I set terrain photo resolution down to MEDIUM (for testing, not for workaround), but then some other tiles get missing, for instance in the mesa to the right after take-off in Monument Valley.

Thus, I'd say tiles of several resolutions are missing in the build...

Thank you IPACS anyway for this nice DLC, I'm amazed by the visual quality of the mesas...

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• The issues you mention here seem to be related to wrong files in your installation. We have no idea
    why this is the case, but if you are patient, completely delete Aerofly FS 2 on your harddisc and ensure
    you delete the whole folder. Then redownload and report back if the issue is corrected.

• The issues you mention here seem to be related to wrong files in your installation. We have no idea
    why this is the case, but if you are patient, completely delete Aerofly FS 2 on your harddisc and ensure
    you delete the whole folder. Then redownload and report back if the issue is corrected.

Ok, is possible, but isn't that what the 'check game cache' button is for in Steam? It checks all files against the Steam DB, and all that are different will be re-downloaded.