Latest update feedback

• My biggest probIem is with the download size. received an urgent email from my ISP saying that my download quota for the month had nearly been used which is when I realised my Aerofly 2 was being updated automatically via steam. I quickly spent $30 on another 50gb and resumed the download only to find that the DLC for the new state still has not been downloaded. The huge download over the last few days must just have been for the core program and the older DLC's? I am hanging off clicking on the new DLC icon in Steam until my new quota of 200gb download kicks in on Tuesday. Please release a decent state next time IPAC. That desert stuff all looks the same and it is boring. PNW or Alaska or even New England would be easier on the eye.

• My biggest probIem is with the download size. received an urgent email from my ISP saying that my download quota for the month had nearly been used which is when I realised my Aerofly 2 was being updated automatically via steam. I quickly spent $30 on another 50gb and resumed the download only to find that the DLC for the new state still has not been downloaded. The huge download over the last few days must just have been for the core program and the older DLC's? I am hanging off clicking on the new DLC icon in Steam until my new quota of 200gb download kicks in on Tuesday. Please release a decent state next time IPAC. That desert stuff all looks the same and it is boring. PNW or Alaska or even New England would be easier on the eye.

The information related to the past couple of updates were clearly mentioned in both this and the Steam forums prior to releasing the updates to the public. If you read the two threads it will explain everything to you.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• This is odd. It appears that Steam didn't download all of the files for the Utah region. If your internet can handle it try to uninstall Utah and reinstall to see if that works. Have you tried all of the Utah airports, are all of them missing? Are the Utah hi-res imagery there?
    Can you take a screenshot of what you are seeing?

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I turned off and cleared hibernation, moved my pagefile to hard disk and compressed my C drive SSD and got 81 GB of free space and let the update run again. I got a disk full error saying that another 27 GB was required. My SSD is 100% full and I have no prompts on how to clear it. Any ideas please?

• Try to delete the "downloading" folder found in steamapps.
    Then try a HDD analyzing tool like this:
    http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_personal/?language=EN
    or another one.
    Maybe you can find some garbage on your SSD which you can delete or move.
    It's strange that you can't install it. I have a Samsung 250 GB SSD with Windows 10, Aerofly FS2, Oculus Home, some drivers, Notepad++ and Google Chrome on it. I could install it. I have now 65.3 GB left.

Edit: Use my tips at your own risk. :cool:

• I found a cache clear function in a steam menu but it warns of loosing settings and needing steam re-configuring. I've no assurance that it is the correct action. How can 81 GB of free storage not be enough for the update? Is there an additional new update in operation now?

PS My 1.8 GB Euro Truck Sim' 2 was moved off 'C'.

• Just use this cache clear function. You don't need to reconfigure anything. I have tried it.
    How fast is your internet connection? Maybe you could download everything from scratch? (de-install steam and aerofly)

• I have a 20 (? units) connection, more or less the top end of copper wire broadband. Will a redownload give the updated version? I might as well put it into a new bigger SSD if I'm going to go down that road.
    I could have used a bigger SSD in my new PC in the first place with a bit of a warning. It would be nice to get the dead 210 GB corpse of failed Aerofly FS2 off my 'C' drive.
    I do not want to kill off my Steam Euro truck! I have big virtual earnings and am an ATPL equivalent red hot driver now :-).

• I got a blank stare today when I tried to buy a 1TB SSD as suggested previously. The local mickey mouse shop offered me a dusty 125 GB instead.
    A 4 TB hard disk might be more common but I have tasted SSD and spinning magnetic seems so uncool now. At least my motherboard has tons of sata sockets, options will remain open.
    Would a 4TB western digital black be appropriate for Aero? I presume backup hard disks are quite slow.

• Overloaded, do you purchase a SSD for it to be cool ? Believe me, I run AeroflyFS both versions on HDD and load times have nothing to do with FSX/P3D or even XPlane.
    I wouldn't go for any external storage device. Internal only...

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• The biggest delay in my time from cold start to running Aero was a pause I had to put into the boot so that I could access the modern equivalent of bios. SSD also has no moving parts to fail if I kick my PC. I don't fancy a courier service delivered hard disk so I will have to travel to buy a fragile hard disk.
    I hear nothing about hybrid disks now. It would be nice to have a hybrid disk recognise my favourite scenery areas and place them in solid state storage. Oakland runway 12 would be nice and smooth.
    I did have a good quality internal sata hard disk in mind, I'm not sure if there will be much choice in the (UK) semi-local shops at the 4TB level. In the good old days there used to be transport locks so having one's hard disk parcel kicked across the depot would be less significant.
    I run old FS on hard disk and it is fine.