Recent Downloads and Graphical Problems

• Official Post

The recent download that you have seen was an effort to fix the graphical problems that many of you witnessed. It was later noticed that there may be problems directed solely to AMD video cards, which was just confirmed. For those of you with AMD cards should see a fix early next week. (Update, this bug was resolved in version EA4.14)

As for the recent large downloads; we all understand that large downloads are not easy for many of you who have slow or limited internet connections, however, during development of a game of this caliber things like this happen from time to time. We all do our best to test these updates before they are even released to the public, but this was one of those times that we did not see any problems with the build. The reason for the large downloads were because all of the aerial imagery was replaced with newer, better versions, and so that the internal format could be changed to provide users with more efficient releases. This was a lot of files to replace, and this issue with the Steam upload combined with the graphical issues it had to be pushed out a second time (if the first time wasn't bad enough) so we apologize for that.

Throughout early access we also can't guarantee that this won't happen again, but we ask for your patience while the flight simulator of the future is developed.

Thank you.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

Edited once, last by drhotwing1 (IPACS) (April 14, 2017 at 4:03 AM).

• Oeps! after a pretty large update(16GB for the Utah-scenery)recently, now a huge 76GB in progres after starting 'my steam'.
    Because the AeroflyFS2 is installed with the option 'automatic updates'. Why now so a large download? What was wrong sofar?
    HDD-SDD space becomes critical. And while update is requested via steam, a requested transfer to an other drive is blocked.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• Official Post

Oeps! after a pretty large update(16GB for the Utah-scenery)recently, now a huge 76GB in progres after starting 'my steam'.
    Because the AeroflyFS2 is installed with the option 'automatic updates'. Why now so a large download? What was wrong sofar?
    HDD-SDD space becomes critical. And while update is requested via steam, a requested transfer to an other drive is blocked.

You just replied to a thread that already had your answer (?)

Also, this update did not add to your overall space requirement, it only replaced files that you already had.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

True but over 70 GB of reserved space is needed for the current update.

That's a Steam thing. The last updates only replaced existing files. Only 35GB is still needed for the base FS 2 application. If that ever changes the minimum requirements will also be changed with it.

Jeff

Regards,

Jeff

• Ok, the total space remains about equal but via steam an extra 72GB was needed to download first. after the download finished then the files where put(most in replace) of the already installed and the the extra 72GB was deleted as space. That's the way steam-updates works and I got a message 'no space enough'. The solution was to move, other installed games via steam, to another drive with enough room.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• @ Ipacs support Well, I've done all downloads, but still i get the mixed up files. I've updated my Radeon drivers, did a steam local files check, no results.

My system:

Softwareversion Radeon - 17.4.1
    Software-edition Radeon - Crimson ReLive
    Graphics chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 200 Series
    Memory size - 2048 MB
    Geheugentype - GDDR5
    Kernklok - 955 MHz
    Windows-versie - Windows 10 (64 bit)
    Memory type - 8 GB
    CPU-type - AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics

runs from a samsung SSD, windows is installed on another ssd.

• The bug fix is still being worked out so users may still see graphical problems with AMD GPU's. Please give a little more time for this to be resolved.

For those with these problems, there is no need to uninstall/reinstall as the problem will still exist afterwards.

Regards,

Jeff

• Is there now a fix available for the graphical issues with the Radeon cards???:confused:

Yes, it was released as EA4.14

Regards,

Jeff