Aerofly FS 2 vs xplane 11

• I was foolish enough to buy x-plane 11 the other day. My nosiness got the better of me. As a glider pilot I flew the ask21 glider. Oh boy, did it disappoint! Her my findings:

xplane has a bad thermal model (no sink at the edges, no life cycle, way to wide a diameter. I could actually fly straight for 10/15 seconds in the thermal on mediocre settings. Those things are huge!). FS 2 has a better and more realistic model already (life cycle, sink at the edges, accurate width of the thermal core, etc.) and they will get even better in the near future, while xplane does not speak of such things.

Frame rates of FS2 are way, way, way better then xplane. Yeah, there is a lot more going on in xplane, but the generic scenery is really meagre and not at al convincing, while FS 2 without any addon looks absolutely stunning.

Instruments. the vario in fs2 works like a charm. Its a nicely modelled, modern instrument. The vario in xplane is a outdated type with no compensation. It's pretty useless.

Sounds are bad in xplane. I wonder what the **** the have been doing the past years that there newest version is still so bad at so many points.

All my respect for the small team of Ipacs and what they have achieved already.

• Now think about this; How long has X-Plane been out? How many versions did X-Plane go through to get to where it's at? Now look at where Aerofly FS 2 is. I really don't feel comfortable comparing these two flight simulators because I would be afraid to appear bias due to my affiliation with IPACS, but considering the fact that both teams are around the same in size, the sheer amount of detail and work that has already been put into FS 2 is astonishing, but with this amount of quality comes equal amount of time. Give FS 2 time to be developed and you will truly see something special in the end. Once FS 2 has the shelf time equal to X-Plane, it will prevail most certainly :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff