Object Rotation added in scenery TSC

• Rodeo ,
    I don't see that update - where should I look? I tried adding "<[float64][orientation][45.0]>" in the tsc file both for the scenery_place or the scenery_object and the tm.log shows that it didn't understand it.
    Also, we need to ask IPACS for a "scale_factor parameter" - (e.g. 0.0 to 10.0) with 1.0 being standard size. This would allow us to reuse buildings and other objects wherever with orientation and size as per the footprint from the imagery.

Dave

• Rodeo ,
    I don't see that update - where should I look? I tried adding "<[float64][orientation][45.0]>" in the tsc file both for the scenery_place or the scenery_object and the tm.log shows that it didn't understand it.
    Also, we need to ask IPACS for a "scale_factor parameter" - (e.g. 0.0 to 10.0) with 1.0 being standard size. This would allow us to reuse buildings and other objects wherever with orientation and size as per the footprint from the imagery.

Dave

Hi Dave, the orientation parameter is probably not in degrees. Try angles in radians instead (45 deg = 0.7854 rad)
    But even with 45.0 rad (7.16 full rotations) there should be some observable rotation. Only 0.16 of a full turn but still a little bit.

Regards,
    Jan

• Excellent new feature. Thanks Rodeo, thank IPACS.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly. A steely-eyed Sierra Hotel record setting F-15E Strike Eagle simulator pilot. 8o

ready for some voices in the sky? now available . . . Aerofly FS2 RC ATC https://afs2rcatc.com/

• I think we need a new Content Converter - as I said, when I put that parameter in the tsc file, i get an error:
    WARNING: property 'orientation' is not a member of type 'tmsimulator_scenery_object' hash=563935667693078739.

It doesn't matter if it was in the "scenery_place" or "scenery_object" area - the statement that I added was the following:
    <[float64][orientation][0]>
    ==============

Nag on - we also need a parameter for "scale_factor" for size of the object