737 work in progress?

• Any closer to restoring the original manual dial in frequencies for ILS and VOR? It seemed so good at the time. ADF can wait but working VOR/ADF selectors on the RMIs would be needed eventually.

Can a realistic nav-aid plane be kept with functions fully protected from any simplifications imposed by internal IPACS/Aero-only game mode navigation features? The PC 737 does not need to be crippled by close compatibility with the requirements of a smart phone 737 model.

• In the current Steam version you can use the manual dial again. Just find the switch STBY/O'RIDE on the frequency panel and set it to override. Then the auto-tuning is disabled and you can set your manual frequenies and the course.
    In my developer version the copilot side is also fully functional now. Including the switch to display the NAV (FMS) not just VOR/ILS on the HSI.

We will throw out the auto tuning for the 737 in the future, when the simulated copilot is intelligent enough to pretune ILSes and VORs on the mobile version. We will not create a separate 737 for the mobile market, that will disconnect the development for both markets, not a good idea. We will rather implement a functionality that makes stuff like this autotuning more accessible for mobile users, or you know, PC users that don't want to set the ILSes themselves every time.
    Here is a great example: Say you want to improve your landing skills. You fire up the Aerofly, load the 737, select the approach from the Location dialog... Ideally the aircraft would then be perfectly set for the full ILS approach, no matter if it has auto-tuning or not. We will steer into a direction where you can have both: full intelligent automatic setup and full manual control over everything. A lot of these features could be done via the copilot, which can be turned off or on to your liking. (Just my idea of how it could be done)

Regards,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• Pleasant news, thank you for replying Jan. I'm really looking forward to trying the 737 Standby/Override.
    ADFs are becoming so rare now that automatic selection will cause less confusion. If Basel gets a runway it would be an example where each direction does have its own NDB. The interest in Lusanne recently might stimulate some member creativity in the Swiss region. The northerly Basel approach over mountains is very attractive.

• In the current Steam version you can use the manual dial again. Just find the switch STBY/O'RIDE on the frequency panel and set it to override. Then the auto-tuning is disabled and you can set your manual frequenies and the course.
    In my developer version the copilot side is also fully functional now. Including the switch to display the NAV (FMS) not just VOR/ILS on the HSI.

Regards,
    Jan

Hi Jan,
    I gave it a go and there is no manual tuning in my version (2.0.1 ea4.16 (20170420)). The VOR/ILS, DME and ADF will not tune either in a route or in a totally manual flight. I was clicking the (DME hold?) stby/o'ride switch on the right of the nav box.

P.S. Many people in the Orbx forum (Innsbruck and Meigs new Aero scenery) seem unaware that Aero has any working nav-aids.