ORBX LOWI for AF2 in JUne

• Yes, that's the culmination of the lighting system Orbx have used since their Voz days. Its heavily influenced by the restrictions of FSX technology, and I would actually be slightly disappointed if they used them in Aerofly.

I would prefer a more X-plane type of system, where lights were points of actual illumination that could light up the ground and other nearby objects.

I guess beggars can't be choosers though, but X-plane night lighting really is state of the art.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Yes, that's the culmination of the lighting system Orbx have used since their Voz days. Its heavily influenced by the restrictions of FSX technology, and I would actually be slightly disappointed if they used them in Aerofly.

I would prefer a more X-plane type of system, where lights were points of actual illumination that could light up the ground and other nearby objects.

I guess beggars can't be choosers though, but X-plane night lighting really is state of the art.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I fully agree with this point : XPlane is the only sim I've ever tested featuring a real night. The ugly generic day scenery becomes amazingly realistic at dark night, whoever ever flew night VFR knows what we're talking about.
    It's also the only point IMO where XPlane is better than other sims.

FSX/P3D only features a "dimmed light" mode instead of night, with all ground features visible in grey shades where it should be pitch dark, while streets and traffic lights are hardly visible when they should glow.

Aerofly FS 2 is unfortunately not much better so far than FSX in that sense, hope it will be improved...

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Nice to see the OrbX collaboration starting to bear fruit. There are obviously plenty more OrbX addons to come from reading their forum over there. Definitely a must have for day 1.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• I have been flying Orbx scenery since it first released PNW and it has improved over the years to become the premier scenery product out there.
    Because it will solve the OOM problem it should really help Aerofly take off and become the number one flight sim.

Dale

• Because it will solve the OOM problem it should really help Aerofly take off and become the number one flight sim.

Dale

What OOM problem? (don't think Aerofly has one)

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• OrbX do excellent work, and a game engine like FS2 will allow it to really shine. Their work is really good even on FSX with DX10 fixer, but as new titles are coming out like XP 11, which looks lovely with community mods like Ortho4XP, it needs a new engine like FS2 to show just what can be done.

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• We will need an Orbx BOB like vehicle, or a P3Dv3 Avitar to walk or move around on the ground to see all the new features and additions.

good point Ray. Thanks for bringing it up. Almost dis-learned asking for things around aerofly.

@Devs, requesting "walking man".

First person view (mouse movement), keyboard-controlled walking identical to first person shooters.
    and drivable vehicle.

Question: will Salzburg have life? will there be vehicles driving around?

and: what will be pricing for orbx add-ons?

Thanks.

• just realized that i mixed up Innsbruck and Salzburg. sorry for the confusion.

Salzburg is so aviation touched with all the red bull and hangar 7 stuff, so when i heard austria my brain would spill me with antique chrome metal red bull planes.

about the "usable" first person: Studies reveal how tiny the motion tolerances of such first persons are. A first person ego shooter called Call of Duty Modern Warfare II has become the one reference for everything in that relation. Study title was: how mwII dominated ego shooting over a decade.

Users complaining all over the product landscape "Why does walking not feel like in MWII ?" made tens of competitors' releases drop off the market.

If ipacs plans to implement such a functionality, rely on that experience.

The like or dislike of a game is strongly connected to how it looks, sounds and feels.

Margins are small.