So Dovetail announces "Flightsim world" impending release.

...we have a team of 15 people working on this project...

I'm curious. How many people are working on Aerofly?

• Well... I think PMDG officially summarized the position of most thrid parties developpers, there's unfortunately not much to expect...

PMDG's Official Position on DTG's
    https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5…comment-3616551

For a period we were in fairly regular communication with DTG regarding their plans and progress, but that communication dried up shortly after we declined to offer our product line via the DTG controlled Steam channel for FSX-Steam Edition, and we haven't really heard much of anything from them since that time. We received a few email announcing staff changes, but we received no replies to our ongoing outreach effort, so at the moment when I look at the planning board for the next year, I see only a question mark next to the DTG Platform.

Whenever a 64bit version of P3D comes out, it will probably be the main way while waiting for Aerofly FS2 to open to third parties editors.

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• They need to be careful I reckon, it's not like there is no competition out there, and people are going to need a good reason to stick with X sim over Y sim. There is some high quality work going on in the flight sim market currently, after FSX being alone for years, and they need to bring something fresh to the table.
    No VR, no 3rd party stuff, not many planes, mmm..what have you got exactly?

i5-12600K/MSI RTX 3080/Win11/64Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+ Beyer DT990 pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Quest Pro/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals

• More rumbles from possible stormclouds in FSW:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5…use-me-concern/

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Well,

this, OTOH, makes me think if we'll ever be able to see a PMDG add-on for AEFS2... since AEFS is also tied to Steam ?

If I understood Jv correctly, AF will also be available through the Orbx store?

Project A - Massive. A huge investment in new tech, new tools, new apps and new staff. It will surprise many of you, and delight you all. It will focus on both Europe and North America. It will perform like nothing you have experience in your simming life. It will support VR. It will be a VFR flyer's wet dream. It will be sold on OrbxDirect. Oh, and it will be 64-bit.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• It means LOWI.

The PMDG issue is not only Steam, but Dovetail + Steam.

Apparently, for third parties to publish add-ons Dovetail seems to request exclusive sales via Steam for 3 months, with 30% for Dovetail and an additional 30% for Steam.

Knowing that beyond the 1st month after release only must have products keep selling, there's no wonder it's a no go for most editors.

We should stop thinking there is room for 5 simulators sharing equally the sellings...

My 2 cents.

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• It's not really 5 sims when 3 of them are pretty much various versions of FSX

Devons rig

• A look. It's always interesting to me, to see how different companies approach the same things.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

• The whole thing makes me eager to see what Ipacs has in mind for weather depiction.

Devons rig

• Were there twin engine instruments in the earlier plane? The rain did seem to follow gravity a bit too much. The waves on the river looked unreal, too big and too specular. Big waves are like big trees, they spoil realism and are better left out until they can be done right.
    The scenery still looks like Xplane, photo scenery looks better at height.

• Sorry, if our answer disappoints you. But I am sure you will stick with Aerofly for some more time, as we probably publish enough stuff, just in time, to keep you interested ;)

Also, you should at least wait for LOWI, as this is a whole new world...

I'm NOT disappointed at all by your approach. In fact I applaud it and and that of your partner(s) esp. ORBX for the way you ALL/BOTH are handling your obviously superior and MODERN sim.

VR is outstanding and with a future multiplayer (should be called collaborator) support you'll have the winning ticket for a truly professional application.

I CAN wait.

BG2518-Bob