Simple Multiplayer?

• First off, The performance of our 1080s or equivalent can handle the polygons of other aircraft in formation - I am using multiple copies of 50,000 polygon static aircraft at some of my user created military airfields and I just don't see the FPS drop - just think of how complex New York City DLC is as well. Maybe four F-18s over NYC might be too much but most of us want to fly in loose formation near others, especially in VR. With TeamSpeak providing the audio, we can show each other points of interest, go head to head in mock combat, and fly together down low over the Grand Canyon. FS2 would be so smooth in Multiplayer or with recordings.

• First off, The performance of our 1080s or equivalent can handle the polygons of other aircraft in formation - I am using multiple copies of 50,000 polygon static aircraft at some of my user created military airfields and I just don't see the FPS drop - just think of how complex New York City DLC is as well. Maybe four F-18s over NYC might be too much but most of us want to fly in loose formation near others, especially in VR. With TeamSpeak providing the audio, we can show each other points of interest, go head to head in mock combat, and fly together down low over the Grand Canyon. FS2 would be so smooth in Multiplayer or with recordings.

50k is "nothing" to the graphics. I think a regular Aerofly FS 2 aircraft has about 200 to 300k and New York has probably a million or so??, don't know the actual numbers. So another 50k added to roughly 1 million or maybe 3 million??? triangles (again don't know the actual number), yeah that is not noticeable. I've seen 1.5 million polygons in the Aerofly engine before without any significant FPS drop, back in the Aerofly RC 5 times.

But its not just the number of polygons, it's more how you divide those into objects and transform each object and then texture it and then also create shadow maps, etc. You then have to update the position and orientation of each object and you'll have to do that for all 1000+ object in the aircraft for all 10 aircraft, 90 to 120 times a second. If you leave away the cockpit you can save a lot of data going to the graphics card, so yes that would definitely speed up things.

The graphics card can handle A LOT and as you see with the Aerofly FS 2 engine the bottle necks are avoided very well and the graphics card can just do its thing and render all those buildings in NYC and a highly detailed aircraft on top of it.

I don't think another 4 or even 8 F18s would not bring the Aerofly down that much, if we leave away most of the cockpit or make all of it static, so that is becomes one draw call for most of the F18s polygons its manageable at least on PC, even with my old GTX 660Ti. It become tricky if you have one F18, an F15, a 737, a 747 and mb339 (and more) all on the same screen and want that in high quality. Then we may have to do something about the texture size, if you only have a 2 GB graphics card like I do. And now you may understand why multiplayer isn't as easy to implement but takes a bit of time. Apart from all the networking stuff that also has to be done just right :)

But I'm quite optimistic I think when or if we get a multiplayer for the Aerofly FS 2 it will all work perfectly. Not something you need to worry about too much, we got the right highly intelligent programmers for this :)

• But I'm quite optimistic I think when or if we get a multiplayer for the Aerofly FS 2 it will all work perfectly. Not something you need to worry about too much, we got the right highly intelligent programmers for this

In MsFlight! we used to get together in large flocks and do hours of group flying over the Alaska DLC. It was a lot of fun, and even more fun was hanging around with all the new people that were trying out the sim and exploring things, asking questions, forming spontaneous groups.....

And group flights to hunt Aerocaches, which turned out to be one of Flights! largest draws. (strangely enough)

How it feels meeting friends in game for multiplayer. :love:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• And what about an FS RECORDER for FS2?

This is not for Aerofly FS2. As it states, it's for FS2004 and FSX

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Yes I know Jeff. Years ago, I have tried this excellent program on FSX, and P3D. I'm just wishing somebody would create a kind of FS RECORD for us on FS2, just a wish, that's all. RGDS jjs

Gotcha...And noted :)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• For me it would be extremely important to have shared cockpit in VR! Thank you for take this into consideration.

Mario

That would be pretty awesome! Maybe we can even animate the pilot body and link it up to VR hand controllers so that you can look over to the copilot seat and wave or something. That could be fun! And then every one in the cockpit could interact with it, change switches maybe even grab onto the throttles and move them...

• That would be pretty awesome! Maybe we can even animate the pilot body and link it up to VR hand controllers so that you can look over to the copilot seat and wave or something. That could be fun! And then every one in the cockpit could interact with it, change switches maybe even grab onto the throttles and move them...

Absolutely. Imagine flying an old DC3 or something like that and having pilot and copilot, then look behind you to see the flight engineer.

• That would be pretty awesome! Maybe we can even animate the pilot body and link it up to VR hand controllers so that you can look over to the copilot seat and wave or something. That could be fun! And then every one in the cockpit could interact with it, change switches maybe even grab onto the throttles and move them...

Yes yes yes is my vote, can't wait for a RIO even though there are no weapons.

• One of these days, these great formations will perform their airshows in FS2 !!

https://www.facebook.com/virtualairshow…904909672992727 :love:   :!::!:

Absolutely love it !!

Flying in the Red Arrows in VR would be awesome. I'd never heard of this sort of thing before.

• Absolutely love it !!

Flying in the Red Arrows in VR would be awesome. I'd never heard of this sort of thing before.

Yah, people have been doing this for years...... But you need some really nice connections and multiplayer code to synchronize well for maneuvers that close to each other......

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Hey all...

Ive just read drhotwing1's dev blog update and its still concerning that I see no mention of multiplayer support. I see ATC being mentioned but nothing about even a simple multiplayer setup. With this sims focus of being more about the fun of flying then complex systems management (currently at least) it really confuses me how they can decide its no longer early access before it even has the most basic multiplayer support. This makes no sense to me at all. This is a sim thats basically perfectly designed for cruising around with your friends having fun and yet it lacks the ability to do so... I've found myself flying FS2 less and less.. I fire it up to see what the new sceneries are like and what any of the new updates change but flying around in a completely lifeless world has finally got the better of me. :(

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!