Axis and Switches assignments

• Hi all,

I propose below a few changes to assign an axis to the Mixture lever or edit Saitek Pro Flight switches assignments when not available in the settings menu.

MIXTURE:

I have a CH Prodcts yoke with Throttle, Prop governor and Mixture levers. There's unfortunately no assignment for the later in the settings.
    In C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Aerofly FS 2 folder, there's a file called gc-map.mcf listing all assignments.
    I simply added at the bottom of the file (after the last entry) the following code, copy-pasted from the Prop lever assignment.
    I edited:
    - the number after "element" bracket (last entry was 269)
    - the Function ID, which must be Mixture 1 for single engine
    - the InputID, which can be read from the axis listing, or found out by making an educated guess (PropellerSpeed is Ry)
    All other entries are just taken over from the PropellerSpeed entry.

Code
    <[tmchannelmap][element][[COLOR='#0000FF']270[/COLOR]]
                    <[string8][FunctionID][[COLOR='#0000FF']Mixture1[/COLOR]]>
                    <[string8][InputID][[COLOR='#0000FF']Rx[/COLOR]]>
                    <[uint64][DeviceUniqueID][71783326754054032]>
                    <[string8][DeviceIDString][CH FLIGHT SIM YOKE USB ]>
                    <[bool][IsDigital][false]>
                    <[float64][Sign][-1]>
                    <[float64][Direction][1]>
                >

Note that for multi engine you'll do the same for Mitxure2 and so on, either assigning the same InputID if you have only 1 lever (it's my case) or different InputID if you have several levers.

Ok, engine mixture isn't yet simulated in Aerofly FS2, it merely allows to shut down the DR400 engine. Maybe one day the basic systems will be implemented in the sim...

ROBIN DR400 LANDING LIGHTS

I also edited as follows the Robin switches assignments to match my Saitek Pro Flight Switches panel.
    In the real aircraft, there are 2 lights fitted side by side at the left wing leading edge.
    Left light is the landing light, while the right one it the Taxi light. Both are technically the same light, but the taxi light is aiming to a crossing point right in front of the nose, to follow a taxi line, while the landing light is aiming further down ahead.

Look for the following code in your dr400.tmd file and edit accordingly. I keep in comments the original lines.

ROBIN DR400 STROBE

Similar to the upper, the DR400 I'm used to fly have no beacon but strobe. In order to keep good habits, I edited the assignment accordingly.

I'm still fiddling about to figure out the syntax to assign the Saitek magnetos switch to corresponding key positions.

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.