trackIR no longer worlng -- tobi EyeX in config?!

• For months my TrackIR has worked.. but for the last few days, the TrackIR is no longer working, and the axis is assigned to TobieyeX .. I have no idea what that is. Any ideas what happened? My TrackIR is working in all my other flight games.

• Spiffy,
    The TobieyeX system is an eye pupil tracking system than can be used to move the eyepoint orientation somewhat similar to TrackIR. I don't have either but imagine that you should be able to delete the TobieyeX assignments and reconnect to TrackIR. Maybe someone else with TrackIR will pipe in soon.

• Spiffy,
    The TobieyeX system is an eye pupil tracking system than can be used to move the eyepoint orientation somewhat similar to TrackIR. I don't have either but imagine that you should be able to delete the TobieyeX assignments and reconnect to TrackIR. Maybe someone else with TrackIR will pipe in soon.

What's puzzling is that the only hardware detected is TobiEyeX, and no longer TrackIR. And while I can disable the Tobi, I can't 'tell' the program I have TrackiR... it's like AeroFly thinks my TrackIR is a TObi. And like I said, this is a revent development, it was all literally working great two-three days ago, and I've changed nothing on my system. There were some game software/Steam updates though..

• spiffy,

my device connects properly, but i can follow your tale.
    I recall a similar issue, which somehow got solved through initialization of devices when starting the game.
    Connectivity has been an issue for a while (devices not recognized or dropping out).
    in case you are not getting satisfactory response, just give it some time and play around with hardware settings and hardware plugs.

on my end, i am hoping someone with trackir experience like you could help answering following question:
    while i use the hat system with the 3 reflectors, 1 of these reflections (as seen in the cam window) drops out after a while and gets back on eventually.

A reflection point dropping out causes total chaos in the game view as you can imagine.
    I got so pissed about trackir, i unplugged it and threw it against the wall.

This happens throughout the daytime, i tried to modify the light sources, closing down nearly everything, and it keeps on.
    At night, with 1 single lamp source, the problem is gone.

Also, i need to move the camera at least 1.5 (better 2) meters from head to make it work fine.

Anyone know this?

Question: how do i prevent one of the reflection points dropping out all the time?

• spiffy: Can you please send us via email to mail (at) ipacs.de the log file tm.log which can be found in the folder 'Documents/Aerofly FS 2/'

Almdudler: Please open a new topic for your question or send an Email to our support please.

Done, email sent !

Almdudler: You can adjust the sensitivity of the Ir camera in the TrackIR options panel. I have had a little bit of success here.. however, I have had many rooms in various apartments I have lived where direct or reflected sunlight will always cause a reflector to be lost. There was nothing to do other than find an orientation of the camera which didn't have sunlight in its path. But for all other light sources, I have been able to filter them out via the sensitivity options. Hope that helps!

• thanks spiffy,

your explanation is great and confirms both
    the issue (glad, it's not me!) and how to possibly solve it.

since this is a yet unsolved trackIR-problem (not caused by aerofly),
    which may have affected others too, let me come back with a fresh forum topic
    dedicated to TrackIR-issues as suggested by @support.

This will give your TobiEye issue a clean space here. i came up with an issue that
    competes yours, sorry for that.