Oculus VR - but no 'Virtual Reality' menu item

• I have an Oculus Rift and purchased Aerofly FS 2 excited to try this out. I launch from steam using the Oculus VR option but it doesn't work. The rift shows an error message saying aerofly_fs_2.exe is taking a long time to start and the game is just running on the desktop.

The menu doesn't contain a 'Virtual Reality' entry as I saw in the docs (https://www.aerofly.com/aerofly_fs_2/d…virtual_reality)

How do I set this up? Any idea what might be wrong?

• Hmmm.. most weird.

By Oculus Rift I presume you mean the CV1? not the DK2 Dev Kit?

Does the Oculus work correctly in Oculus Home and have you done the full Oculus home setup and installed any Oculus driver updates required?

Have you restarted the system since installing the Oculus (always a good idea tbh)

What are your system specs, specifically GFX card and driver version.

Cav

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!

• You could also try deleting Steam Vr and then run Aerofly and see if the Oculus VR option appears. After that you can reinstall steam VR.

I believe this worked for me once, though I don't know why. I think it had to do with Steam room scale settings conflicting with something.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• You could also try deleting Steam Vr and then run Aerofly and see if the Oculus VR option appears. After that you can reinstall steam VR.

I believe this worked for me once, though I don't know why. I think it had to do with Steam room scale settings conflicting with something.

I believe OP does have the Oculus VR option in steam.

He's talking about not having a Virtual Reality option in the settings menu inside the sim.

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!

• @OP,
    So, are you first getting Oculus Home viewing on your CV1 screen and you are inside the virtual room? Then when that looks fine and head tracking is working (and if you have an Xbox controller you know that it is working just so you can hit the "A" key to start an app (or hold your "gaze dot" still for 10 seconds looking at the bottom rectangle)? Then I go to the Steam APP, select library/games and then under the VR list on the left hand side, I double left click on Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator (public_beta) and select Launch Aerofly FS2 VR(Oculus) in Oculus VR mode then hit the Play button. You should see an approximately half-size screen that says VR mode is active at the top. And the Oculus screen gives the Health and Safety Warning with the rectangle at the bottom (that I then hit the Xbox "A" key). Now you should see the Menu screen on the CV1. And then you can select Settings and you will see the VR options
    Maybe all this is OK until the very last but I wanted to be sure you were doing all the little steps before.

Your Oculus should be running 1.14 runtimes at present 5/15/17