No communication or support for mobile!

• It's too bad IPACS doesn't pay attention to their mobile fan base. IOS users have waited patiently for 6+ months. And I don't remember the last time Android was updated! This is ridiculous! I'm logging out of the forum. You can find me over at infinite flight. At least they engage with their users.

• We have not forgotten the mobile fan base, but we are currently not planning on updates for the mobile version.

When the next major feature ( maybe ATC ) is finished, we will of course consider a new update or version.

Unfortunately just coming out with a new region or airport is not worth it, so we have plans to come out with a real big update when we have lots of new content or features to add.

• This is largely disappointing news. It seems there is a lot of content that could be offered today such as a couple of regions and potentially at least one new aircraft but is not being offered for whatever reasons.
    There are also some bugs that need addressed that cause the app to crash.

• I think you guys really messed up with how you have handled the mobile market.
    Mobile guys generally want regular updates, at least 4 per year, with new aircraft or scenery dlc, I'd personally say aircraft being the preferred by the crowd. They have huge purchasing potential, but you largely ignored them and made them feel set aside for pc version. Now each new announcement, you're just getting bombarded with negative comments regarding mobile status.

You had the potential to sky rocket ahead of the competition and really push mobile simming, but just didn't carry it through.
    If you look at the Android market figures, AF2=10k downloads XP10.5m=1mill+
    You guys really goofed on this. I still love the sim, but you should have had interactive cockpits. I fed you that idea 6 months before Laminar added them, and it is awesome having manual obs control, etc.
    I'm sad it didn't get where I thought you were headed. Maybe AF3.

• Yup, I was always a big proponent of AF2 on mobile but now I simply cannot recommend it. I deliberately avoided the Dash on Infinite Flight because I assumed it would make it to AF2 as had been touted on the Facebook page. To be fair it did say "In the meantime here is a screenshot of a possible new airplane (Dash) and maybe even a new region. (Nevada)", even though the screenshot was from mobile.
    Now it appears AF2 has been abandoned. The talk of a significant upgrade presumably means a new mobile version (AF3) that we would need to pay for all over again. I don't mind paying for progress but not for essentially the same product but with the ability to purchase more aircraft and regions.

My biggest issue though are the critical bugs that have been reported on a number of occasions and never addressed - Just try taking off from Sacramento Executive, or even fly anywhere near it and watch the app crash! How can I recommend this to others when the app is broken and there are no forthcoming updates or advancements? People get passionate about something because they want to see it succeed and that is why this direction makes this so frustrating.

• Official Post

Hi donka,

but the same goes for the PC users. We are currently in Early Access on Steam with the Aerofly FS 2. Now is not a good time to suddenly stop development on the PC version for couple of months to update the mobile version. As IPACS officially mentioned in this forum we won't drop the mobile version, we will update it eventually. But at the moment the PC version isn't quite finished yet, if we were to update the mobile version to the same version there would be two kindof unfinished versions on the market. I'd say just wait a little bit for the mobile version, I'm positive it will come eventually and add a great number of new features.
    So long story short: We didn't abandone the mobile version, most of the development we currently do for the PC version will also improve the mobile version.

Regards,
    Jan

• Hi Jan,

I genuinely do hope that is the case and I'm happy to be patient knowing there will be new content down the line. I'm concerned that we have critical bugs though that have remained for 6 months without even an acknowledgement. That doesn't fill me with confidence, especially when it is similar to previous bugs that were addressed so the resolution is likely known.

• Official Post

Well yes, what do you expect? Aircraft like the A320/Q400/LJ45 take couple thousand of hours in development. And we're not just working on those two planes (q400, b777), we are increasing the depth of the existing aircraft as well..
    The Q400 is almost done now, it's already up to date with the upcoming autopilot features, navigation, sound etc., only few things left on the todo list.
    Regards,
    Jan

• Well yes, what do you expect? Aircraft like the A320/Q400/LJ45 take couple thousand of hours in development. And we're not just working on those two planes (q400, b777), we are increasing the depth of the existing aircraft as well..
    The Q400 is almost done now, it's already up to date with the upcoming autopilot features, navigation, sound etc., only few things left on the todo list.
    Regards,
    Jan

So can we expect soon a little update with just the planes?

• Hello mobile users.

Please excuse me for asking this question, I'm a very experienced pensioner ( :sleeping:), and are lagging far behind in the latest and greatest.

Can you please inform me what mobile flying is, as I have no idea. Do you use a computer or what.

Many thanks to anyone who replies.

Taranakian.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH