Extra 300 Paint Kit?

• Hey Guys,

Is it possible to re-paint the Extra 300 currently? I haven't seen any repaints of it so I was wondering if there is a paint kit available for it yet? I don't have any of the SDK but I'm getting bored of the same two extra schemes so I was going to dip in and have a go at a repaint. lol

Cav

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!

• Hey Guys,

Is it possible to re-paint the Extra 300 currently? I haven't seen any repaints of it so I was wondering if there is a paint kit available for it yet? I don't have any of the SDK but I'm getting bored of the same two extra schemes so I was going to dip in and have a go at a repaint. lol

Cav

Hi Cav,
    Unfortunately, no, there is not currently a paint template for the Extra. We have files for the 747, C90, C172, DR400, Lear 45, and the Pitts.

• Is it possible to access the existing paints and reverse engineer them? Or do we have to wait till a template comes out. The extra after all doesn't have much in the way of Panal details etc.

Not that I am aware of. Obviously, they are computer files, so in reality you COULD do any thing with them, but in a practical way, not to mention a legal way (you would need to hack the .ttx files...highly NOT recommended) you are on pretty shaky ground.

Me thinks we are probably better off just being patient while we wait for the proper paint kit for the Extra, along with some others I would love access to

• Would like to have a repaint kit for the Extra 330LC as well... :)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower