Config.TMC Help needed please

• So, I have had a total Hard Drive and Video card crash. Bummer.

I bought the new hard drive, and have started the nightmare of reloading every thing. What fun. Weeee...

After reloading FS2, I tried to compile a new Lear repaint with the SDK, however I keep getting a failure that says:

"Error: Cannot load aircraft - set Aerofly FS2 folder in config.tmc."

So, I have tried to set the FS2 folder, but I must be doing something wrong, because the error keeps recurring. I even removed the .TMC and allowed it to rebuild itself, but that did not help either. Can one of you really really smart people please help me work my way through this error?

My files are located as follows:

Documents Folder: C:\Users\Gipe Family\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\aircraft\
    SDK Workshop : C:\Aerofly SDK\aircraft_workshop
    Core Files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator

Config.tmc is as follows (after automatically regenerating itself):

<[file][][]
    <[convert_aircraft_settings][][]
    <[bool][ExportGeometryTextFile][false]>
    <[string8][IntermediateFolder][]>
    <[string8][UserFolder][C:/Users/Gipe Family/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/]>
    <[string8][DesktopFolder][C:/Users/Gipe Family/Documents/Aerofly FS 2/]>
    <[string8][MobileFolder][]>
    <[string8][IOSFolder][]>
    <[string8][AndroidFolder][]>
    >
    >

Any help that you can provide to get this working would be greatly appreciated!!

Kerry

• Your desktop folder location is incorrect, it should point directly to the game folder. I had the same thing happening, seems to be a bug with the SDK installation.

<[string8][DesktopFolder][C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator/]>

• Thank you, but unfortunately it did not help. The process seems okay, but then fails at the end. Any other ideas anyone?

The error is "Error: Cannot load aircraft - set Aerofly FS2 folder in config.tmc."
    My current Config.tmc is as follows:

<[file][][]
    <[string8][UserFolder][C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator]>
    <[string8][DesktopFolder][C:\Users\Gipe Family\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\]>
    <[string8][IOSFolder][]>
    >
    >

• OK, I got it now, thanks! Posting my final working Config.tmc here for reference in case any one else comes across this issue...

Obviously, you will need to modify the [UserFolder] with your appropriate user for your computer.

<[file][][]
    <[string8][UserFolder][C:\Users\Gipe Family\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\]>
    <[string8][DesktopFolder][C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\]>
    <[string8][IOSFolder][]>
    >
    >

• Thank you Ray. Fortunately, I have been able to recover a surprising amount of lost data, especially considering that every thing was contained on the primary boot drive that failed. My big hold up at the moment is the video card that also failed. It was an old GeForce GTX 460 SE with a whopping 1 MB of video RAM, so I am actually surprised it supported me as long as it did.

I ordered a replacement GTX1070 with 8 MB which should be an improvement. Unfortunately, they sent the wrong product. I returned the card, and had them re-send another, which arrived today. Unfortunately, it was an identical wrong product. I have returned that one as well, and am now waiting for them to credit my card back, so I can try again with something different. Once I finally have the replacement I can fire the sim back up, and tweak a few paint jobs I have been playing with, including one you suggested :)

I hope all has been well with you!

• Thank you Ray. Fortunately, I have been able to recover a surprising amount of lost data, especially considering that every thing was contained on the primary boot drive that failed. My big hold up at the moment is the video card that also failed. It was an old GeForce GTX 460 SE with a whopping 1 MB of video RAM, so I am actually surprised it supported me as long as it did.

I ordered a replacement GTX1070 with 8 MB which should be an improvement. Unfortunately, they sent the wrong product. I returned the card, and had them re-send another, which arrived today. Unfortunately, it was an identical wrong product. I have returned that one as well, and am now waiting for them to credit my card back, so I can try again with something different. Once I finally have the replacement I can fire the sim back up, and tweak a few paint jobs I have been playing with, including one you suggested :)

I hope all has been well with you!

All is well here. Sorry to hear about the Video Card fiasco and delay, but I have been busy checking out the new 64bit sim and getting my triple monitors back up and running. I had to build a curved wooden support frame to elevate the monitors.

Looking forward to new and exciting repaints, aircraft, and scenery areas in Aerofly FS2.

Regards,
    Ray