HTC Vive flashes to lobby on landing approach

• Love Aerofly FS2...visually one of the best flight sims out there. But trying to solve a distracting glitch that seems to occur every time I land after a longer flight.

Here's the scenario: I create a flight plan from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. Take off from Vegas on an F-18, full throttle to Los Angeles (fun!)...follow the flight plan and arrive in Los Angeles in about 15 minutes. As I'm starting the decent, my HTC Vive starts to flash to the "lobby"-- Aerofly fades out for a second and I see the Vive grid. Aerofly comes back, continues for a minute or two then, another flash or two. After a few more minutes, the flashing stops and things look normal as I land.

My System: Intel i7 7700K OC'd to 4.8 Ghz, 1080 Ti OC edition, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte 170 UD3 motherboard, SanDisk 980GB SSD. Have tried with OC on and off, no difference. I don't see this issue with other VR games, only Aerofly. I also have FlyInside for FSX and P3D and both work well on even longer flights.

The behavior only seems to happen during a planned landing. If I fly around LA or Vegas and land, no flash.

Other forums have suggested the graphics settings are too high but I turned them to low and get the same behavior.

Any suggestions?

• very odd..

Does it also happen if you fly from LV to LA without having a flight plan setup?

And does it only happen in the F-18, have you tried it in the F15 or one of the airliners and got the same result?

Just trying to narrow things down here a bit.

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!

• If that happens on the Vive its caused by Aerofly, if a single frame is taking longer than a certain threshold. Please try to do the same in an outside view, does it happen there as well? If not it is probably caused by the mirror reflection that is rendered from time to time.

We should actually disable mirror reflections, especially in VR mode, as they do cause a stuttering in most cases.

• If that happens on the Vive its caused by Aerofly, if a single frame is taking longer than a certain threshold. Please try to do the same in an outside view, does it happen there as well? If not it is probably caused by the mirror reflection that is rendered from time to time.

We should actually disable mirror reflections, especially in VR mode, as they do cause a stuttering in most cases.

Thanks. How do I disable mirror reflections?

• Still having the flash issue even after the recent upgrade (which is great btw!)

I get close to my destination, this time Las Vegas in the A320...and the HTC Vive flashes to the lobby for a second. Things are normal for a bit then it flashes again. Anyone else have this issue?

• This usually happens if a frame being rendered is 'taking too long', then Steam VR decides to switch over to the lobby.

This happens whenever new textures and 3D models are loaded and transferred to the 3D graphic card.

There used to be a setting in Steam VR that allowed you to disable this feature, but we can't confirm it at this point as we test with an older version.