• I did the Meigs Field FSX:SE Avsim review of the Orbx scenery package. If this is used to port over to AF2 it only includes Meigs Field as it was prior to being closed. Midway and O'Hare are nowhere close to the improved area. This is a lot smaller area than LOWI.

The Navy Pier, Soldier Field, a few museums, and the aquarium and convention center is included with the water treatment plant on the Northern edge and some of the parks and highrise buildings near the Lake. Very restricted coverage area, especially to the East (all water), South (minimal coastline) and West of the single runway about 1/2 mile or so from the coastline. Basically, the coverage area is the traffic pattern plus a few extra tall buildings.

Regards,
    Ray

• That might change though, due to ipacs autogen.

JV over at Orbx said just a few days ago that the size of the autogen area was still up in the air on the Aerofly version of this scenery.

And who knows, maybe Ipacs itself might have a few things to add. (that would be nice)

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• That might change though, due to ipacs autogen.

JV over at Orbx said just a few days ago that the size of the autogen area was still up in the air on the Aerofly version of this scenery.

And who knows, maybe Ipacs itself might have a few things to add. (that would be nice)

I centainly hope you are correct on both. I think the large and detailed LOWI scenery package will set a new standard for others to measure against. As is, with no new additions for Chicago it will be a runaway for LOWI.

Further, if Midway and/or O'Hare are added we will then have a "connector" for the East and West coasts of the DLCs.

Regards,
    Ray

• I centainly hope you are correct on both. I think the large and detailed LOWI scenery package will set a new standard for others to measure against. As is, with no new additions for Chicago it will be a runaway for LOWI.

Further, if Midway and/or O'Hare are added we will then have a "connector" for the East and West coasts of the DLCs.

Regards,
    Ray

You already have it, with the New York and New Jersey area airports (KLGA, KJFK and KEWR).
    Cheers, Ed

• You already have it, with the New York and New Jersey area airports (KLGA, KJFK and KEWR).
    Cheers, Ed

'

Sorry, we don't. The "connector" would be a stopover or layover BETWEEN the New York/New Jersey airports and the West Coast airports.

Regards,

Ray

• Unless the world makes no sense at all, the release of Innsbruck and Meigs have to be very very important to both Orbx and Ipacs. I can't imagine that they're not both doing everything in their power to make these releases both a success and a showcase.

For many, it will be their first introduction to Aerofly FS 2, and you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• i have a feeling they give priority to both, building the showcase to attract developers as well as building connectors (hubs),
    considering that we already have SFO,LAX,NYC. Orbx complements with VFR-content.

Both are valid strategies, depending on what their intentions really are, or what they are in need of.
    Probably a macro-strategy to create their benchmark. We, the users help them understand where our needs are, so they
    can navigate longterm and proove the technical concept as well as merchantability to business partners.

for the users, ORD, DCA, MIA, HNL would fill the scenery network for a good while.
    All in between (scenery-wise) should be left to 3rd party, so ipacs can focus on the main modules.

by the way, i am curious why they chose innsbruck among a big choice of orbx products (?)

• by the way, i am curious why they chose innsbruck among a big choice of orbx products (?)

If I had to guess, I would say multiple reasons, including that it's one of Orbx's newest and best showcase sceneries, and that it fortuitously is right next to Aeroflys already existing Swiss scenery. Orbx/Ipacs could also easily branch over to the Orbx German sceneries to make a very large european area to fly in.

Heck, this might even draw in Flugwerks HD Austria. That would almost be a no-brainer. http://www.flugwerk.at/

Devons rig