Prop effects overall, in AEFS2 prop aircraft...

• Link to a post I just left at another thread.

http://www.ipacs.de/forum/showthre…39868#post39868

Yesterday after the huge install, I decided to give all prop aircraft in AEFS2 a go...

Picked the C172 for a start, then the Extra 300, the Pitts, ...

I find, in pretty much all of them, practically no yaw due to prop effects. There's roll, though, somehow even reminding me a lot of X-Plane pre torque-bug fix...

It puzzles me how an Extra 300 requires practically no rudder input to counter the prop torque/ slipstream / p-factor ... both during the takeoff run but also inflight at high AoA / high power settings ?

In the C172 I can fly "all day long" under various regimes, with the T/C ball centered and requiring only rudder input during turns, due to adverse yaw ( ? )

Even thought this might be caused by some sort of "auto-rudder" mode, but it doesn't look like so, unfortunately..., unless that option mentioned in the above linked post may have something to do with it ?

Limited by Main Thread...

• The Extra doesn't require a huge amount of rudder IRL as it has a hugely powerful rudder and a lot of prop wash over it to help keep it straight.

The turn and slip indicator in both the Cessna and Extra are nowhere near sensitive enough, I can perposely yaw the aircraft with the rudder and it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to the ball. That may be one reason why you are not seeing the torque effects as its like trying to measure mms with a yardstick currently ;) but I do agree that the aircraft do feel like they are lacking in torque generally.

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!

• I wouldn't pay much attention to the turn/slip ball as its not very sensitive in fs2 currently. Go more by feel and how much rudder you need. Try changing it to something massive and see what happens lol.

AFFS2 Needs Multiplayer - Please make it happen!