New update to v2.0.1 EA4.38

• Official Post

This is only a very small update to set up for the ORBX scenery packages. No new features, no new changes to anything of value.

There is no release log because there is nothing to log with this one.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Over at Orbx, Innsbruck seems to be the one getting all of the attention.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Well, I have to say I am glad LOWI is getting all the attention: I don't care too much for a fantasy airport which Meigs sort of is imho.

• Well, I have to say I am glad LOWI is getting all the attention: I don't care too much for a fantasy airport which Meigs sort of is imho.

I'll take anything they want to produce! :D

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

how could anyone not want chicago? don't agree. not at all. Reviving Meigs as historical component to both real aviation and to where FSX has started once is due to the community. And we take it with deep appreciation.

• Official Post

Well this would be only Meigs, no mentioning of the large international airports nearby. And there is no content available in the surrounding yet. And it's where FSX started, doesn't quite suit the Aerofly FS 2. Aerofly is brand new, Meigs has been closed in the real world for quite some time: old.
    Innsbruck on the other hand is close to the existing flying region and within reach to quickly gap over. So no wonder Innsbruck gets all the attention, that will sell a lot more than Meigs I guess.

Regards,
    Jan

• Well this would be only Meigs, no mentioning of the large international airports nearby. And there is no content available in the surrounding yet. And it's where FSX started, doesn't quite suit the Aerofly FS 2. Aerofly is brand new, Meigs has been closed in the real world for quite some time: old.
    Innsbruck on the other hand is close to the existing flying region and within reach to quickly gap over. So no wonder Innsbruck gets all the attention, that will sell a lot more than Meigs I guess.

Regards,
    Jan

If Meigs was being sold on Steam, I would likely agree, as your average Steam user probably has little connection, recollection, or attachment to Meigs.

As an Orbx scenery however, and as an introduction to Aerofly for many people, along with no other choices for Orbx-type detailed scenery within the sim (grass, animations, probably hand placed trees, ultra high textures around the airport, etc) I suspect that Orbx users will pounce on both sceneries, though they will likely spend the largest amount of their time exploring Innsbruck....

Even I, with little feeling for Meigs one way or the other, can't imagine not acquiring both, right away.

And posting screenshots everywhere, of course. :D

Devons rig

• Jan, where have all the static aircraft at zurich gone? not sure whether this belongs to your task field, but
    most of current stock is unlike for zurich. (air berlin props, tui, etc.)

it would be great to see the stuff that really curves around here.

would you accept a wishlist ?

• I'll take anything they want to produce! :D

Yeah, me too. And may I say Meigs is anything but a fantasy airport; sure, it's been closed for awhile, but it will bring back fond memories for a lot of old time simmers, as well as for those of us who actually saw Meigs in action. Watching GA aircraft fly in and out of there in person was always a delight against the backdrop of both Lake Michigan and the downtown skyscrapers.

Ken

• I have pretty much nothing todo with the scenery. But I can forward that bug, once I've confirmed it.
    Sure, what kind of aircraft would you like to see there?

Regards,
    Jan

great, thanks upfront Jan.

Just a few locals would help, which are in your library. Some Swiss and Lufthansa A320s, AA 767, and some GA and Learjets.
    will check tomorrow 10-11am for some local footage to transfer you the current departure plan and where who docks on.
    Example AA B767-200 Gate E23.

• Official Post

Hi Almdudler,
    I'm seeing static aircraft in my stock Aerofly FS 2 steam version 2.0.1 EA4.38.
    What graphics card are you using and are your drivers up to date (not just windows drivers but downloaded from the manufacturer)?

Swiss, LH, AA, yeah those would look great. I also find there are way too few aircraft parked, I only count about 20 of them. It should look like this:

[Blocked Image: http://www.aircargoweek.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Zurich-Airport-for-web-696x569.jpg]

Just a couple spots free, animated gates and ground services would be nice :D

Regards,
    Jan