Understanding Updates to scenery and Utah...

• Can someone explain to me if in order to have an install of AEFS2 to it's most up-2-date version, but without having to install the huge "Utah" scenery which came with the updates, I can simply install AEFS2 and tick only "Switzerland" ?

Or in order to receive those core updates made to scenery, I really need to push Utah too ?

Limited by Main Thread...

• Official Post

Utah is optional just like Switzerland. If you don't install it, it wont be added automatically. So yes, just selecting Switzerland is possible.
    The core Aerofly FS 2 is independant, it contains the functionality to run Utah and its animated people, not the other way around. The core engine will always contain the necessary code to run everything. DLCs might use that new funtionality.

If you want to see the animated people in action right now, you have to download Utah to get a working example, to my knowledge you won't find them anywhere else right now... But when OrbX Innsbruck comes along you will probably see animations there as well, there is no need for the Utah DLC to be installed.

Regards,
    Jan

• Official Post

Thank you so much Jan!

Will install only Switzerland then - I'm really not interested in USA - rather save space for any upcoming European sceneries :)

Uh I don't know about that philosophie. I'd rather get a nice 2TB hard disk just for the Aerofly Scenery. Then download all the free stuff that is available and enjoy the grand canyon, monument valley etc. And still have enough space for all the upcoming scenery, incl. OrbX large area ones. SSDs aren't really needed for Aerofly since the reading speed isn't the limiting factor, all loaded in the background and pushed onto the graphics card when desired, so no stutters even with HDDs. Downloads and installation via Steam might take a little bit longer if the writing speeds but that is a one time thing usually.

Regards,
    Jan