• This is the first time that AFS2 has failed to load the setup screen as it has always worked perfectly in VR and in 2D monitor mode. I have had graphic card driver problems but after reinstalling the NVidia driver for my 780Ti all is now ok except with AFS2.

Cannot seem to upload the tm file with Microsoft Edge so am including the last part of the text file.

2.08-tmwinogl: gl: reducing max texture size from 16384 to 4096
    2.08-tmmodule: gl: using depthmap texture array
    2.08-tmwinogl: gl: nvidia meminfo: total=3072MB dedicated=3072MB)
    2.09-tmwinogl: gl: possible total mem: 3072MB
    2.09-aerofly: resolution=3840px ss=560.00mm density=6.86 -> csf=1.00 res=3840.000000
    2.10-aerofly: create fbo = 3840 2160 samples=0
    2.15-tmcompress: FBO format unsupported
    2.15-aerofly: ERROR: (error creating screen framebuffer with size 3840x2160)
    2.17-aerofly: window size=3840x2160 physical display size=560mmx350mm
    2.18-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/fontdisplay.tff'=(512x512) (h=37) (nc=8365) ok
    2.19-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/hud.tff'=(256x512) (h=48) (nc=123) ok
    2.21-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/fonthelp.tff'=(512x512) (h=51) (nc=256) ok
    2.22-tmrenderer_font: loading font 'texture/segment.tff'=(256x512) (h=48) (nc=124) ok

any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

4.6GHz OC, Windows 10 home, 16GB RAM, 780 Ti SC 3GB
    Thrust master HOTAS Warthog, Virtual-Fly TQ3, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, 40 inch 4K Philips screen, CV1, P3DV4, Aerofly FS 2 for pc and iPad.

• Official Post

This sounds like you still have some problems with either the graphics card drivers, configuration, or resolution that you have set to run Aerofly FS2.
    First, make sure that you have the latest graphics card drivers installed, and that you are running on a resolution/refresh rate that's compatible with your system. Also, make sure that your monitor drivers allow for the resolution that you are trying to achieve.

Look at this line: 2.15-aerofly: ERROR: (error creating screen framebuffer with size 3840x2160)

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thank you for your suggestions.

I do not have the very latest NVIDIA driver for my graphics card as it results in me having problems with my oculus rift. However I do not have a problem when running P3DV4 or Elite Dangerious which both work perfectly, as did AFS2 until recently.

I have always used the resolution 3840x2160 as it is the native res. of my monitor.

The lines I was concerned about are those trying to creat a FBO and then saying the format 3840x2160 is not supported!

As I cannot enter the AFS2 configuration window I am unable to change this resolution to something else so not sure what I can do!

Thrust master HOTAS Warthog, Virtual-Fly TQ3, CH Pro Rudder Pedals, 40 inch 4K Philips screen, CV1, P3DV4, Aerofly FS 2 for pc and iPad.

• Official Post

I can assure you that the latest NVidia drivers are just fine with the Oculus Rift. What GPU driver version are you on. I'm quite certain that this is your issue here.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• I was running 382.05.

I have now updated again to the latest 382.33 and you are correct AFS2 now works fine on my monitor but I get the dark screen on my CV1 so cannot see anything even though in oculus devices all is green/ok.

Not sure where I go from here.

• Official Post

Black screen- is it only happening with Aerofly FS2 or are you getting black screen in VR with everything?
    Also, are you running FS2 in VR with Steam VR mode or Oculus VR Mode?
    Do you have Oculus open prior to running FS2?
    Do you see Oculus Home?

Make sure that you follow all Oculus set up instructions and verify everything is set up correctly.

Also, you can try to uninstall Steam VR (not Steam itself) and reinstall it, this has fixed a lot of Oculus issues.

Regards,

Jeff

• I was getting black screen with everything. Seems as if there is a problem with some graphics cards and the tempory solution seems to be to roll back to 381.89 see https://forums.oculus.com/community/disc…-nvidia-gpus/p1

Now all seems to be working as it should.

Thanks again for your super support.

• Official Post

I was getting black screen with everything. Seems as if there is a problem with some graphics cards and the tempory solution seems to be to roll back to 381.89 see https://forums.oculus.com/community/disc…-nvidia-gpus/p1

Now all seems to be working as it should.

Thanks again for your super support.

I'm glad it's all working for you now.

Regards,

Jeff