• Official Post

Are any of you experiencing trees that are floating in the air?

Is so, we need the following information from you:

1) What FS2 version are you on?
    2) What setting do you have trees set to in settings?
    3) Where exactly are you seeing this issue?
    4) What graphics card do you have and what driver version are you on?

There are some users seeing this but I can't seem to replicate the issue on my end.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Hi :
    1) 2.0.1 EA4.46 (20170608)
    2) ultra
    3) Yosemite (see pictures with exact position - but happened away to - only flew there on short flight)
    4) 1080Ti drivers 382.53 (latest) - also, that was in VR (same spots, not in VR = no problem)

Edited once, last by toutenglisse: adding precision about vr - non vr (June 10, 2017 at 11:46 PM).

• A second post... It's weird on New York I flew everything allright ... then I touched a building slightly and was alive .... then i tried Something more direct and engine run off but instead of spawning I still flew.... at this time all the trees came up !! see the pictures.
    Jean Grey lives there !....

• I took a quick look through the suspect areas and didn't see anything either in 2D or 3D :(

Has anyone tried having Steam check their file integrity?

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Well! Finally spotted a few floating trees myself, about halfway between Bridgeport and Chester County airport in the Northeastern scenery area.

Interesting.

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• I purchased Aerofly FS 2, with Switzerland Region, this week, from Steam. I have no trees at ground level at any graphics setting. However, there are trees floating in the air at all altitudes, and at all locations, like flying through flocks of birds. Reducing the setting doesn't help much, as there are still floating trees in the air, until completely turned off. The scenery looks sparse without trees.

The Switzerland Region, in particular, does not look as good as Aerofly FS 1, which is really detailed and immersive. I thought that Aerofly FS 2 would be an improvement over Aerofly FS 1, but I'm sorry to say that it isn't.

My laptop is a Lenovo 64Bit G50 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-5005U 2.00GHz 8GB and 1TB. I can fly Aerofly FS 2 at High settings without stuttering, so I am happy that my new Laptop is up to the job, apart from the tree problem.

I have checked Drivers and everything is up to date. The floating tree problem makes Aerofly FS 2 unplayable, and a waste of my money.

I need you to tell me what can be done about this problem

• I looked up information on the OP's computer and found it listed as using an AMD Radeon graphics chip capable of running DirectX 12, but I could find nothing mentioning its OpenGL support. Can anyone confirm?

Devons rig

• There is surely something going on with this. Many don't see it so it's tough to recreate. When Torsten gets back this week i'll see if we can get this resolved.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Update: I have the floating trees ( and buildings ) only with the newest NVIDIA-Driver! But: I have this issue not with an older NVIDIA-Driver: "384.76-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql" from 29.6.2017 ! No more flying trees! :)

• Update: I have the floating trees ( and buildings ) only with the newest NVIDIA-Driver! But: I have this issue not with an older NVIDIA-Driver: "384.76-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql" from 29.6.2017 ! No more flying trees! :)

Thank you for your report.

This is in progress of being looked at.

Regards,

Jeff

• I saw these floating trees yesterday. It basically looked like a whole mountain side of trees was lifted up several hundred feet. The arrangement still followed the contours of the mountain side.