The biggest Potential of AEFS2...

• it's, IMO, indeed the open and very nicely structured model used in their configuration files, used by the simulation engine to do perform various tasks...

The other big point is the good sense in the IPACS Team - they're trying not to be forced by the nowadays typical temptation to rush everything and get profit fast... They take their time to cautiously evolve, one good step at a time... It's up for the users to understand / accept that pace, knowing that things will come, with time, but without a precise schedule, that would be dangerous / impossible to set for such a small Team.

Things that come to my mind regarding the future of AEFS2 as opposed, for instance, to the future of X-Plane or MSFS-derived platforms, are the possibility of building from scratch various modelling approaches to systems simulation, that could be used alternatively, depending on the use one want's to make of the sim.

Some of those systems could be core ones, like the Weather engine. That one in particular, given my area of work IRL, and the fact that I am a long time glider fan, is a system that would certainly profit from a detailed, revolutionary approach, and I'm not talking about the graphics, which so far are evidently not a problem for IPACS :-), but the way the atmosphere could be modelled, introducing for the very first time in the short history of flight simulation games such important effects like that of Moist, Geopotential Height modelling / non-ISA pressure and temperature "lapse rates", etc...

My feel when I start AEFS2 is mixed. There's the WOW feel, but since I was "created" as a simmer running ATP, FS2, 3 and then 4... and still using ELITE for IFR, or Aerowinx for the most advanced b744 simulation available for a PC, graphics aren't actually my main concern.... There are still few things to occupy my attention as a virtual pilot, very few systems being simulated, no AI or Traffic, etc... But! there surely is the Potential Energy to get it running - it's probably just a question of learning to be patient and Wait....

Looking fwd for June 15th

Limited by Main Thread...

• Jose, Let me give you one of my perspectives......

I was once a guild leader in a popular MMO.

Not just a leader, but I was the head of a collection of about 30 guilds, comprising 100's of members. We were young, I was enthusiastic and full of energy: everyone said how much potential we had, and I was constantly getting other guilds that were not doing so well and were on the point of disbanding to instead join our endeavour.

Yet we constantly lost people as well. In the end one of the things I learned over several years, is that many people came to the table not having the patience to wait for things to grow, and not really interested in the cooperative teamwork necessary to make growth happen.

What they wanted, in the end, was to join an already existing "Raid guild" where all the work had already been done long ago, and all they had to do is join up and have it all handed to them.

I kind of look at the current state of Flight simulation similarly. Everyone wants the perfect sim: VR capable, faster than a fast thing, beautiful, modern etc etc etc, place superlatives here.

But how many are willing to make the investment to actually make that happen? How many have the patience to stand their ground through the laborious process of supporting the core of a new ecosystem, rather than just running off to the old established raid guilds?

I'm hoping that there's more than enough, but that even if the entrenched community is too conservative, hopefully other groups, like the VR community and the huge steam community will be less reticent.

Time will tell, but as you know, I'm still out there waving the flag.

Its apparently a habit. :p

Devons rig

Intel Core i5-13600K - Core i5 13th Gen 14-Core (6P+8E) @ 5.5Ghz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 32GB RAM DDR5 6000 / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070Ti GAMING OC 12G / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 6x Samsung SSD/NVME's various sizes / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 ATX Motherboard DDR5

• Well said HiFlyer, well said!

On a related note, I'm confident that 60%-70% of the flight simulator fans are interested in other types of simulation too (trucks, trains,etc). So instead of "nagging" IPACS every 2 weeks for updates we could just enjoy the other half-a-million enjoyable products out there while we're "waiting". For example I find TrainSim World an awesome little product (especially since they optimized it), there are a bunch of new space sims, and some VR stuff - there's plenty to do out there, that leaves us with no real reason for complaining about progress. I don't mean to be arrogant - believe me I'm just as excited about the updates as you guys are, but let's get real, and give the developers a break. With the never-ending requests for more and more and more we just give them more pressure, and frustration which slows everything down. What they need now is a positive kind of support - happy to see that there is plenty of that on this forum too.

My $0.02.