so...since 5 minutes...

• Wow olderndirt,
    You are the first with a feedback here in this forum!

Yes, I got mine a few hours ago. I was flying and checking out the scenery. Initial impression is disappointment that the scenery is nothing near what we have been seeing in the IPACS DLC areas. The airport scenery close in at Meigs and Innsbruck is great but the outer so called high resolution is not high resolution.

Wait a second before you get upset, this is like a 'placeholder' for this larger surrounding area of the SW shore of Lake Michigan. Sometime in the near future Orbx will release a service update that will add the new autogen more realistic buildings and such with a lot better base photoscenery. (general consensus based on JV's posts over at Orbx forums)

It is nice to have two more new airports today though.

Installation was a snap. Buy, update FTX Central and let it download and install. Just a matter of minutes.

Regards,
    Ray

• I'm not quite sure what you expected Jet... they were pretty explicit that it wouldn't be huge area coverage, thats not how ORBX works.

I own a ton of Orbx scenery. I have been buying and reviewing it for years. This is their first shot at photoscenery areas and it is nothing to even compare with the IPACS DLC areas. The two airports close in are typical Orbx which is generally excellent.

We probably should just wait for the Meigs service pack that add the autogen and trees, etc before stating our opinions in the forums. No doubt the photoscenery will also be brought up to eye popping, oh! wow levels at that time.

Regards,
    Ray

• Sad news. I was hoping for great quality....

Flying down the Inns Valley from LOWI border to border is a real treat though. I will spend the next few days exploring the new scenery area which is much larger than the Meigs Field package.

I just saw two short fast moving trains about a mile West of the LOWI runway which is something new for FS2. Very nice. Big surprise to me, the trains continue moving even when I pause the sim. I think I will jet sit here in the Lear and watch them zipping along.

I went to the Innsbruck ramp to watch the movement. Fairly limited when compared to typical Orbx in FSX/P3D. People flow is not much flow, but enough to notice some movement. The sweeper guy is pretty energetic and one marshaller does some arm movement. Big motor coach and yellow airport vehicle are about the sum of the ground traffic.

But, it is a good start for more things to come. Thanks Jarrad.

Regards,
    Ray

• Yes, the Meigs "scenery" is terrible... There are just a few buildings close to the airfield, a lot of small useless details at the airfield (BTW is it supposed to be an airport simulator or a Flight Simulator ?).
    95% of the so-called scenery is raw coarse quality flat photo ground with nothing on it. Even worse than the IPACS nude DLC's...

LOWI is much better since there's an autogen coverage over the whole patch of ground. The vegetation coverage in LOWI is really nice and convincing. Buildings autogen is nice too, but much flickering. I reckon textures far away keep too high a resolution.

Too bad it's only a tiny island in the middle of nothing - it doesn't make a flight region, you cannot even cross the Brenner Pass or join Switzerland via the Vorarlberg, you're stuck in the middle of nowhere... Once again, too many useless and heavy-on-frame-rate details at LOWI airport instead of concentrating on the scenery.

At least this tiny patch of Austrian Alps shows how it could be if the whole country and the Swiss DLC were done with this level of detail. Once you have this base everywhere you can think of adding hand-placed details to airports for those who fancy it, not the opposite.

Well, strongly disappointed by Meigs, even if the whole FS saga started there (the only reason to buy this DLC).
    LOWI is pretty much what I expected.

Cheers
    Antoine

Config : i7 6900K - 20MB currently set at 3.20GHz, Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard ASUS Rampage V Extreme U3.1, RAM HyperX Savage Black Edition 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz, Graphic Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Power supply Corsair RM Series 850W, Windows 10 64 bit.

• Sorry mates....since 7 hours cannot stop to explore this wonderful scenery of LOWI....hope for more in the Alps, like the wonderful Saanen from Sylvain ! Thx IPACS, thx Orbx...there is no return back possible from AFS2 to something else....

• Yes, the Meigs "scenery" is terrible... There are just a few buildings close to the airfield, a lot of small useless details at the airfield (BTW is it supposed to be an airport simulator or a Flight Simulator ?).
    95% of the so-called scenery is raw coarse quality flat photo ground with nothing on it. Even worse than the IPACS nude DLC's...

Cheers
    Antoine

Agreed, Meigs is not finished but there will be a service pack soon and this one will be WOOOW.

And coming soon after release in a service pack, the most sprawling cityscape autogen you've ever seen!

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/13…gs-aerofly-fs2/

Best, Sylvain

• Sad news. I was hoping for great quality....

We have to wait for the service pack for this new Meigs surrounding area that adds the autogen buildings and trees. This is when the 'great quality' should arrive.

Regards,
    Ray

• Thanks for the info, i did not know Meigs not completely finished. Hope it will be great quality, if ORBX photo scenery not same quality as IPACS photo scenery it would be a no sense i think (especially for their project of North West Pacific coast, great hopes for me for this add-on).