Aerofly fan site

• One comment on the great new site: imho the font looks outdated. It is the kind of font that was used on almost every site when the internet was born and imho it makes the site look old. Hope you don't mind me saying so. You are Dutch, right? I would prefer een 'schreefloos' font instead, like for instance the one used on this forum. It will not only make the site look more up to date and more obviously new but also more professional. Imho. (BTW I am a graphic designer though mainly for print. ;) )

EDIT

Googled it: 'schreefloos' is 'sans serif' in English. ;)

Edited 2 times, last by J van E (June 21, 2017 at 9:16 PM).

• One comment on the great new site: imho the font looks outdated. It is the kind of font that was used on almost every site when the internet was born and imho it makes the site look old. Hope you don't mind me saying so. You are Dutch, right? I would prefer een 'schreefloos' font instead, like for instance the one used on this forum. It will not only make the site look more up to date and more obviously new but also more professional. Imho. (BTW I am a graphic designer though mainly for print. )

Thanks for the comment and yes I'm Dutch (are you also?), I actually used quite a modern font (Segoe UI, which looks a lot like the font on this forum ;) ), but I'm afraid you got to see a fall-back font because it isn't available on your computer. I have quickly implemented a web-font now, should look a lot better and will work on all machines... I think I will need separate fonts for headers and content to make it look better, will play around with that soon. Let me know if things look better on your side now.

• Raymond,

As your new http://www.AeroflyCentral.com site gains momentum, you might want to consider adding a new section entitled TIPS or something similar.

When someone discovers a neat or nifty way of doing something that we may have thought impossible or maybe we just haven't thought about it, we could submit the 'How To" to you for consideration.

I stumbled onto an easy method of using the Views icons to expand the downward or Top Down views and to actually want to just go to scenic locations to 'Look Around' without even flying. As an example.

This might encourage more users to drop in to see what's new more often.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Ray

• Official Post

Guys, please just note that this an unofficial Aerofly FS2 website, and also make sure that you post only accurate information regarding FS2 features and functions.

Also note that the official Aerofly FS2 website will be updated better as FS2 leaves early access, and there is an official Wiki that has a lot of information as well as a user manual that stays updated in real-time as features are released.

I just don't want users to sway from the official channels and be led into any misinformation.

Please don't take this as a knock towards the site as it does look really good, I just have to make sure it's headed in the right direction once you gain ground with it.

IPACS Development Team Member

I'm just a cook, I don't own the restaurant.
    On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Thanks for the comment and yes I'm Dutch (are you also?), I actually used quite a modern font (Segoe UI, which looks a lot like the font on this forum ;) ), but I'm afraid you got to see a fall-back font because it isn't available on your computer. I have quickly implemented a web-font now, should look a lot better and will work on all machines... I think I will need separate fonts for headers and content to make it look better, will play around with that soon. Let me know if things look better on your side now.

Ah, lol, never saw that other font, probably because up to now I visited the site on Apple devices. ;) But imho it does look better now already, yes! Seperate fonts for headers etc. in the near future sounds like a good idea!

• Tutorial.

Ray

Ah I read through it yesterday and just finished the first fly-through (landed safely at the destination airport, both climb and descend profiles were spot on). I will add my comments to the document and return it to you ASAP. Though I will probably do the flight again before adding comments :).

Raymond

• Guys, please just note that this an unofficial Aerofly FS2 website, and also make sure that you post only accurate information regarding FS2 features and functions.

Also note that the official Aerofly FS2 website will be updated better as FS2 leaves early access, and there is an official Wiki that has a lot of information as well as a user manual that stays updated in real-time as features are released.

I just don't want users to sway from the official channels and be led into any misinformation.

Please don't take this as a knock towards the site as it does look really good, I just have to make sure it's headed in the right direction once you gain ground with it.

I will try my utter best to keep things accurate and in case of rumors I will clearly mention that it isn't official information. If you have any worries about any information on the website or in general feel free to contact me directly (my current e-mail can be found at the bottom of my website or you can reach me through this forum). We can also discuss things like a prominent disclaimer that it is a non-official site along with links to the official websites or things like that.

The main goal of the website for now is to help Aerofly FS 2 gather the attention it deserves, so I will work along with you whenever you feel it is necessary for AFS2 to succeed (I will of course not alter my opinion in product reviews). The secondary goal is to gather insight into all add-ons and tools that will start appearing into the ecosystem and to help people use those tools and add-ons.

So please contact me about your worries and lets work things out.

• Oh please don't depress me Raymond with that 2030 release date for Geoconvert

I know, i know its a placeholder. Come on Jeff, perhaps by the weekend?

I definitely need to implement a TBA flag there though I hope that everyone understands that it won't really be in 2030 ;) To be absolutely sure I've set back the release date a couple of years :P .

• Official Post

Oh please don't depress me Raymond with that 2030 release date for Geoconvert ;)

I know, i know its a placeholder. Come on Jeff, perhaps by the weekend?

I can assure you that the GeoConvert tool won't take until 2030 to be released :)

And I can also tell you that it likely won't be by this weekend, maybe next week though but I can't guarantee it.

On behalf of Torsten, Marc, and the rest of the IPACS team, we would all like to thank you for your continued support.

Regards,

Jeff

• Official Post

I will try my utter best to keep things accurate and in case of rumors I will clearly mention that it isn't official information. If you have any worries about any information on the website or in general feel free to contact me directly (my current e-mail can be found at the bottom of my website or you can reach me through this forum). We can also discuss things like a prominent disclaimer that it is a non-official site along with links to the official websites or things like that.

The main goal of the website for now is to help Aerofly FS 2 gather the attention it deserves, so I will work along with you whenever you feel it is necessary for AFS2 to succeed (I will of course not alter my opinion in product reviews). The secondary goal is to gather insight into all add-ons and tools that will start appearing into the ecosystem and to help people use those tools and add-ons.

So please contact me about your worries and lets work things out.

I'll help you along the way getting some valid stuff out there :)

Regards,

Jeff

• I'll help you along the way getting some valid stuff out there

Thanks :), I've added a disclaimer on the homepage nonetheless along with some links to the official weblocations. Let me know if you want to add something to that list or to the disclaimer. I will also try to make it more apparent in my communication and content that Aerofly Central is an unofficial location.