As AFS 2 is a Steam ......

• Hello All.

I can see heaps of updates etc coming out for Aerofly FS2 over time. As it is to be purchased through Steam, will Steam automatically keep this Sim up-to-date like they do for other games bought through them?

Regards,
    Taranakian.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH

• Yep,

that's pretty much the philosophy of Steam. If you opt for the game being updated automatically , in the game's properties, or even in some games if you opt for "betas", than the updates will reach you automatically and usually fast since their servers network is very well distributed around the World - actually one big advantage of using Steam as a game platform...

Limited by Main Thread...

• Official Post

Yep,

that's pretty much the philosophy of Steam. If you opt for the game being updated automatically , in the game's properties, or even in some games if you opt for "betas", than the updates will reach you automatically and usually fast since their servers network is very well distributed around the World - actually one big advantage of using Steam as a game platform...

Actually you don't need to change any settings to receive automatic updates. In fact there is no setting to turn off automatic updates. All users will always be on the latest version. But as mentioned you can also enable beta updates manually to get updates earlier with the potential slight bugs.
    In Steam you can also add features to Aerofly (downloadable content "DLC") that will also be updated automatically.
    That's why I'm waiting for the Steam version of OrbX Innsbruck for the Aerofly FS 2, I want their latest version without manually checking for updates or having another program start with Windows.

Regards,
    Jan

Regards,

Jan

• AhHa, Thank you gentlemen. That's excellent to know.

Regards,
    Taranakian.

Computer: PB Gaming 62000 Skylake Core i5 6600, Quad Core 3.3Ghz with Premium Cooling, 16GB DDR4 Gaming Ram, 250GB SSD, 2TB HHD, N'VIDEA GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5, DIRECTX12 Gaming Graphic's Card, VR Ready, Windows10 Home Edition, 64bit, 2 x 24" Widescreen HDMI 1080p VDU's

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Amateur Radio Station: ZL2BMH